Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fiat started the year with far less than a 50 percent stake in Chrysler, but the Italian automaker is expected to begin 2012 with a 58.5 percent ownership of the Auburn Hills-based automaker.

Fiat has slowly increased its stake in Chrysler over the last 12 months, with the Italian automaker expected to grab a 58.5 percent stake in the company after meeting its last required objective. Per its agreement with the U.S. Government, Fiat must produce a Fiat-based vehicle capable of achieving 40mpg to increase its stake in Chrysler.

Fiat’s stake in Chrysler was at just 46 percent back in May, with that stake increased to 52 percent in June. However, Fiat achieved that 6 percent increase not through a required measure but the $500 million purchase of the U.S. Treasury’s reaming interest in the company.

It remains possible Fiat could buy the Treasury’s stake in Chrysler’s VEBA healthcare trust which would bump the Italian automaker’s stake to 90 percent.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is good news.... I think...
haha i think it is too. Fiat seems to be doing well for it's self right now. They also seem to be inspiring Chrysler vehicles, after all they have improved a lot over the past year, especially since Fiat was in the picture.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I've always thought Chrysler had nicely designed vehicles; really, the best looking of all the American car makers. It's just that when it came to building them... not so much. I hope FIAT really helps raise Chrysler's build quality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts