Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ferrari? :eek:

Yes.

Yesterday, a very generous friend allowed me to drive his two Ferraris. A 355 and 550, back to back. Of course, they were awesome. BUT, I must say getting back in my Fiat 500, I still enjoyed it. Sure the F cars are hoary, powerful and fun, but the 500 is fun in a different way. Light and tossable and comfortable. Also, people stare at the f cars the way they might if a lion was on parade. They look at the 500 like they would a cute puppy. That's what the people who say "Oh the 500 is not that fast, that big, not the best MPG, etc" don't get. A car is not what the numbers say, it's what you feel when you drive it.

Oh and BTW, the friend with the f cars wants to add a 500 to his stable

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ferrari? :eek:

Yes.

That's what the people who say "Oh the 500 is not that fast, that big, not the best MPG, etc" don't get. A car is not what the numbers say, it's what you feel when you drive it.

Oh and BTW, the friend with the f cars wants to add a 500 to his stable
Your last statement is exactly my thoughts, as a society and consumers we have all to quickly forgotten this. This is also why every year more & more "drivers cars" are cancelled altogether for more fuel efficient ones, or ones with more gadgetry and gimmicks. I used to own an '88 Porsche Carrera Cabriolet, the entire time I owned the car I never used the A/C, Radio or ever drove the car with the top up, it was impossible to be in a bad mood when behind the wheel of that car, it simply made me feel good every time I took it out.

Reactions: sjmst
1 - 2 of 2 Posts