Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I did it :) I had a set installed in my Sport. I did go with all black with perforatated black inserts. Very happy and the price seemed reasonable. My kids love 'em.

Will post pix in the next few days.

Thanks to Michael, Greg & Joseph @ MotorVillage Fiat in Los Angeles!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I really would like to know what the dealer charges for this and what colour options are available.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really would like to know what the dealer charges for this and what colour options are available.
MotorVillage Los Angeles was $1200 includes door armrests, center armrest, all 4 Headrest and front & back seats. They had probably 100 samples of leather in every color and type. I chose soft leather that bunches up like the Lounge Leather.

·
Registered
433 Posts
when I sat down with my sales girl she tossed the Katzkin book onto the desk and tried to sell me a left over blue tooth-less Pop. the catalog opened to the ostritch print... which is eye catching, but I reminded her that we spoke about the 5 speed espresso sport with sunroof and brown interior that had not been delivered yet.

I'm sure the black/black combo is pure class.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when I sat down with my sales girl she tossed the Katzkin book onto the desk and tried to sell me a left over blue tooth-less Pop. the catalog opened to the ostritch print... which is eye catching, but I reminded her that we spoke about the 5 speed espresso sport with sunroof and brown interior that had not been delivered yet.

I'm sure the black/black combo is pure class.
Thank you... now I understand very funny :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Has all the "bunching up" gone away? Because it looks like its a seat cover in the pics. I was thinking about the katzkin leather but it just doesn't look OEM enough.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Snarferer- The leather Katzkin worked them selves out nice. They are built on OEM specs and replace the existing fabric seats in the car. No covers here. the key is having an appropriate and seasoned shop install the kits. I had mine done at the Katzkin Manufacturing Warehouse here in California. Their R&D Department handled it and they did a beautiful job. it was a bit baggy in some corners but a few driving sessions and the seats began to take on a rather nice fitment. Just like OEM. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Has all the "bunching up" gone away? Because it looks like its a seat cover in the pics. I was thinking about the katzkin leather but it just doesn't look OEM enough.
You're right, they look better.

Not even close to the cloth that came off.

·
Registered
55 Posts
FYI. There are other options for leather seats in a Pop. I wanted the manual transmission in my Cabrio. I saw some Katzin seats at my dealers and thought they looked a little puffy. I documented my research on another forum.

Here's what the Katzin's looked like on the car at my dealer. Looks like the ones mentioned earlier in this thread,

Below are the pictures of my Classic Soft Trim leather seats. CST worked with my dealer, so I paid for the seats when I picked up my Cabrio. Price was about the same as Katzkin. I had option to go with two tone leather (Katzkin does NOT do two tone) but, with Rosso/Nero, I thought red seats with black top would have been too much red. Could have done red top on black seat, but didn't want to look too non-OEM. So, went will all graphite with the embossed 500 logo. Could have done a stitched 500 logo with contrasting color thread but thought embossing looked better. I also liked the flat-er look of the CST seats.

Sorry about the poor Iphone photos but you'll get an idea. Seats are darker than they appear in photo. I do like the seats a lot. See below for the Classic Soft Trim pattern for the POP. Note, the seats are different between the pop, sport and lounge. Talk with CST rep to see what the pattern is like, if you don't have a Pop.

FYI. Here's the CST and Katzkin seat patterns for the Fiat 500 Pop.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There are several different types of leather to choose from... some are soft and some are firm. I choose the soft black the bunches like you find in the Leather equipped lounge.

So no the bunching has not gone away.

Very happy with mine :)

·
Registered
614 Posts
CST worked with my dealer, so I paid for the seats when I picked up my Cabrio. Price was about the same as Katzkin. I had option to go with two tone leather (Katzkin does NOT do two tone) but, with Rosso/Nero, I thought red seats with black top would have been too much red.
Who told you Katzkin doesn't do two-tone? My Katzkin is Light Oliva and Nero.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My apologies. Katzkin must have changed their design pattern. At the time I was picking a 3rd party leather supplier, they only did monotone seats. I talked directly to the front office in California, several times. You can even see on the pattern they sent me, where it says "Single Tone".

Glad to hear that has changed and glad you corrected me.

Ciao

P.S. Nice leather!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts