Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Know any particular FIAT dealers who have a track record for getting loans approved for buyers with less-than-perfect credit? Have a solid job now but went jobless for two years when the market tanked and my FICO suffered.

One dealership told me FIAT as a whole uses Ally Financial as their primary funder. I ran across an article that suggests Ally is deep into sub-prime loans so it may be worth submitting an app, especially since FIAT has a relationship. Anyone have any experience with Ally?

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Definitely explore all your options. You never know what will be best. I got pre-approved through USAA for a decent rate. That rate was lower than the published rates at the credit union my wife is a member of. In the end, Ally beat them all and we financed through FIAT. It helps to come to the table with a pre-approved loan rate for them to beat. ;-)

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I took a gun into the dealership. I just walked out with the car of my choice with no issues or payments. They threw in two purses and a watch!

Reactions: Frjps

·
Registered
145 Posts
It's not always just your credit score, but a score in the 600 or lower neighborhood will be a challenge. As already suggested, a face to face sit down with an officer at your local credit union is a good place to start.

·
Banned
5,539 Posts
her score low 800's me high 700's paid cash and I hope you find some way to get the car.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I declared BK a couple of years ago but got a loan at the dealer through Wells fargo. Horrible interest rate though. My wife traded our upside down Kia in at carmax 3 weeks later on a year old Grand Caravan and got a much better rate than I did even though we were both on both loans.

·
Registered
874 Posts
i have a lower then 600 score with a 6yr old bankruptcy on it and was upside down on my charger and fiat got me financed

·
Registered
6 Posts
we bought ours this weekend - thru Ally - got 0% for 5 years - no way to shop against that rate! Credit score was fair - definitely not high, but not the pits either.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We got a 500c this weekend with the Ally bank, 0% for 60 months. We plan on paying it off way before then. Hard to beat 0%.

FWIW our score is 800+

Years ago I worked at a fiat dealer and our policy was to let the bank decide when credit was questionable.

·
Banned
5,539 Posts
You certainly can't beat 0% that's obvious. If I managed to score 0% I would not be in a hurry to pay the loan off but rather invest my $$$$$$

1 - 19 of 19 Posts