Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my Fiat 500 Lounge, but I am quite surprised (disappointed) that it is equipped with Firestone tires. I would have expected something a little more European like Pirelli or Continental. Are all Lounges equipped with Firestone tires? I haven't had a chance to go to the Studio and see what was installed on other vehicles in inventory.

·
Registered
109 Posts
500's with 15" rims come equipped with the Firestone Firehawk GT. Don't be disappointed, is a great tire. Smooth, quiet, and pretty good grip. For looks and extra grip, go with some 205/50-15. Looks awesome and grips good. We are getting BFgoodrich G-Force Sport on ours.
But the Firestone are pretty good and look nice too

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey Ezio, I've been thinking of going wider than my 185's with either a 205/50-15 or a 215/50-15. I have heard the 215's will fit with no issues. Have you heard the same thing? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
seem like the Sports I've seen, inc my own, has Continentals. I've seen VIN's with Pirellis listed as the tire as well, just haven't seen them 'in person'.

as for the Firestones, I'm changing out my Conti's for either Firestone Firehawks or Bridgestone Potenzas in a 205/50R16. love my wheels but I want just a little bit more rubber between the wheel and the road for a better ride. :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey Alf, our wheels are 15x6. 205 would be the widest i would go. 215/50 would be too wide and would make the tire taller giving you less take off and speedo discrepancy. I've seen Miatas with 205 and looks real meaty Performance 205 would be better with 205 IMO. you dont want that tire rolling around that small rim. from 185 to 205 is a nice difference. Discount tire will give you some money for your OE tires. I like the BFgoodrich G-Force Sport. good tire. Skip Barber High performance driving school use these tires on their cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts