Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to a facebook post by FIAT USA someone lucky has gotten their car! #237 for some reason. Anyone else see the blog?

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'm pretty frustrated with the dealer in Costa Mesa. They know nothing. How the heck can cars make it back east when Calif is so close to the factory? I'm fearing poor dealers will limit Fiat's chance of success in the US

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
OK........

Well I went out and burnt the tires off of the SL on Del Puerto Canyon Road. I highly recommend it as a therapy. 610 hard turns in 55 miles and suddenly I am feeling better.
Sounds fun.......I worked in the side yard moving out a parts car 911 to scrap to make room for my Fiat 600 I just bought.

Can you say Abarth Clone?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Where did you come up with a Fiat 600? From what I can see that is not greatly different from the original Fiat 500 except for an extra 100 cc's

Once I get #183 I am going to look for an after market turbo and go that way with it. I just don't think 101 hp in a 2200 pound car will be enough for me but we shall see.

Good luck with the new project. You are way more ambitious than I am.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Where did you come up with a Fiat 600? From what I can see that is not greatly different from the original Fiat 500 except for an extra 100 cc's

Once I get #183 I am going to look for an after market turbo and go that way with it. I just don't think 101 hp in a 2200 pound car will be enough for me but we shall see.

Good luck with the new project. You are way more ambitious than I am.
Here is one in Modesto.......you know where that is right.......;-)

http://modesto.craigslist.org/cto/2218533820.html

My 600 is a pile of junk with a Honda 750 motor in it. The one in Modesto is a runner........;-)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yeah I know where Modesto is. Saying that thing 'needs paint' is a bit of an understatement. The 2012 version is looking more and more like it is worth waiting for. Good luck with you project.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got a mailer over the weekend for a $50 gift card if I come in and drive a new Chrysler 200 and I can have one for the same payment as the Prima Edizione or use the savings as a down payment. Gas is at $4 a gallon.

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
New 200 = Old Sebring + name change + cosmetics. The Fiat 500 is a much smaller car and will get probably 15 more miles per gallon of gasoline. I don't think you could save money with a C. 200, you would have to drive one because you wanted to. And why ever would you want to do that? I'd choose a Buick over any Chrysler product, if I were going to buy an American tank-mobile.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts