Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I went to my dealer to get the skinny on the Abarth and the free service for the first 3 years/ 36,000 miles and to test drive a manual 500 Sport.

The Fiat 500 Sport. I test drove an automatic down in L.A. during the auto show. I found the manual like night and day in comparison plus, unlike the auto show, I got to take it out on the freeway. I like the manual so much better than the auto. I found the shifting is better than MINI but less so than my CR-Z. I also found it seamed to have as much power as the CR-Z in ECON mode which I was surprised and pleased considering the CR-Z has more power and torque. However, it is still has too little power for my taste and only the Abarth will do. It a very comfortable car to drive and I found everything ergonomically good. I did find the interior more closed in than the CR-Z and even my 1971 Mini but it was more cozy than cramped. It was fun to drive and I dig the reverse lockout.

The 3 year/ 36000 mile service.- That is going away, according to the sales guy, so that FIAT can offer lower financing rates. Forward care is still available such as rent a car and road side assistance.

1st Abarth. They expect their first one in 90 - 120 days. It is strictly a demo. According to him FIATS original idea was to have people just order the Abarth and not have demos. I guess the dealers got together and pressured FIAT to have at least one demo to help boost sales. Fiat complied. They will not be for sale and you have to be on a list for a test drive. Also if you do decide to order you have to leave a $2000 deposit.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Today I went to my dealer to get the skinny on the Abarth and the free service for the first 3 years/ 36,000 miles and to test drive a manual 500 Sport.

The Fiat 500 Sport. I test drove an automatic down in L.A. during the auto show. I found the manual like night and day in comparison plus, unlike the auto show, I got to take it out on the freeway. I like the manual so much better than the auto. I found the shifting is better than MINI but less so than my CR-Z. I also found it seamed to have as much power as the CR-Z in ECON mode which I was surprised and pleased considering the CR-Z has more power and torque. However, it is still has too little power for my taste and only the Abarth will do. It a very comfortable car to drive and I found everything ergonomically good. I did find the interior more closed in than the CR-Z and even my 1971 Mini but it was more cozy than cramped. It was fun to drive and I dig the reverse lockout.

The 3 year/ 36000 mile service.- That is going away, according to the sales guy, so that FIAT can offer lower financing rates. Forward care is still available such as rent a car and road side assistance.

1st Abarth. They expect their first one in 90 - 120 days. It is strictly a demo. According to him FIATS original idea was to have people just order the Abarth and not have demos. I guess the dealers got together and pressured FIAT to have at least one demo to help boost sales. Fiat complied. They will not be for sale and you have to be on a list for a test drive. Also if you do decide to order you have to leave a $2000 deposit.

I'm not buying the maint. going away. My studio is already offering 0% 3 years, 1.9% for 5 years, and 2.9% for 6 years.

The Abarth will begin shipping to Studios in March, and will be up for sale.

Tell your dealer to get better info

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not buying the maint. going away. My studio is already offering 0% 3 years, 1.9% for 5 years, and 2.9% for 6 years.

The Abarth will begin shipping to Studios in March, and will be up for sale.

Tell your dealer to get better info
It is going away. This has been posted by others on this forum and on another FIAT forum. Thats why I asked him about it today to verify. Posting what percentage rates you are offered even backs up his claims because they where not that low last month.

Usually I take what dealers say with a grain of salt because usually you are right their info is shotty or they make stuff up for a sale and they are wrong. However, with more than a couple of dealers saying the same thing via posters on this forum I am willing to bet it is the truth. The same goes for the Abarth also.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
It is going away. This has been posted by others on this forum and on another FIAT forum. Thats why I asked him about it today to verify. Posting what percentage rates you are offered even backs up his claims because they where not that low last month.

Usually I take what dealers say with a grain of salt because usually you are right their info is shotty or they make stuff up for a sale and they are wrong. However, with more than a couple of dealers saying the same thing via posters on this forum I am willing to bet it is the truth. The same goes for the Abarth also.

Cough! Cough! BULLSHIT! Cough! Scuse me! :)

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
You can order a Abarth model right now. Receive it sometime in March. You don't have to put $2,000 dollars down. The financing rates were super cheap in August when I purchase my car. Even lower now. The 3 year free maintenance plan is not going away. We have 2 dealerships here. Your dealership info isn't correct.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I will say this much and this is purely from what I've experienced 100% of the time from other brands... but the dealers, managers, salespeople, and even corporate people don't know what the rates, specials, and incentives are past what is currently available. The financing company wouldn't release the information because there is nothing to gain... ESPECIALLY in this situation where it isn't "Chrysler Financial" because there is no such thing.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can order a Abarth model right now. Receive it sometime in March. You don't have to put $2,000 dollars down. The financing rates were super cheap in August when I purchase my car. Even lower now. The 3 year free maintenance plan is not going away. We have 2 dealerships here. Your dealership info isn't correct.
The deposit thing is a pure in house itwm. $2000 is what my dealer is charging. I have heard $1000 all the way down to $500 from others.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
The Studio Director for Fields Fiat of Orlando confirmed Friday morning via telephone that the 3/36 Forward Care has ended for new sales.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
The Studio Director for Fields Fiat of Orlando confirmed Friday morning via telephone that the 3/36 Forward Care has ended for new sales.
Funny I bought my 500 too late to get a better discount and soon enough not to be left out of the Forward Care deal, guess I feel a tiny bit better for not getting a better price when purchased, but only a very tiny bit.

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
Vtecmini, your are right, Fiat is dropping the 3yr/36kmi maintaince on all new Fiat's sold from Jan 2012. Anyone who purchase a 500 before this date, is still ok and covered. Too bad nice incentive. Just Face book one of the Fiat studio manager about this.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Free Maintenance, no Free Maintenance.......I bought my 500 because of the car, not the 'perks'. but don't get me wrong, I wouldn't give them up........LOL

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
You snooze, you lose.
When I think about the extra couple grand that could be saved I think the free oil changes I might be willing to have given up, that's all that comes to my mind. I'm happy to have it though and I did get extras with my 500 so I have to expect to have paid more than typical.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Vtecmini, your are right, Fiat is dropping the 3yr/36kmi maintaince on all new Fiat's sold from Jan 2012. Anyone who purchase a 500 before this date, is still ok and covered. Too bad nice incentive. Just Face book one of the Fiat studio manager about this.
Smark- your all right;):).

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
Thats a lot of cash over a 3 year period for oil changes/simple maintenance. It takes more effort to change the oil on a 500, then a normal vehicle. Especially when the oil needs to be changed at 3,700 miles, on my car. The way it going, it will be 3 times a year, on the 500. My Honda's is close to 8,000, and my smart at 10,000 miles, for maintenance. Glad my 500 free for a while.

I still love the little car!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
i was given $500 off the car in trade for not getting the maintenance package, i also got $500 off as a end of the year promotion when i bought my car almost a month ago.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I'm not surprised they're dropping the 3 year free maintenance in the states. Cars sold in Canada never had that luxury. I guess they got tired of people coming in every other week for free unnecessary oil changes.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm not surprised they're dropping the 3 year free maintenance in the states. Cars sold in Canada never had that luxury. I guess they got tired of people coming in every other week for free unnecessary oil changes.
Usually if there is a free mainteance program, like MINI for example, they go off by the computer in the car and give a cushin of 100 miles. So if you came in early they would charge the cusromer for it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts