Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 3875 miles change oil light came on. My local studio directed me to an associated Chrysler/Jeep dealership for the oil change. Scheduled the service for last night. I was advised that a couple service bulletins’ were in place. The door hinges needed to be re-torqued; the cap to the diagnostic port was removed; the lug nut wrench replaced; lower fog light bulbs replaced with Nokya Artic Yellow bulbs (great look and visibility with snow and rain). Surprised the studio moved service to an associated dealership. If this is going to be the norm I am wondering if any Chrysler dealership can do my oil changes. I usually get my oil changes done at Valvoline. I stopped by a couple days ago and of course they didn't have the necessary oil filter for the 500. I was even told that if the filter is a cartridge filter they would not change the oil. Apparently they broke the housing on a Mini some time back and they don't want the liability.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
What is the reason behind changing out the fog light bulbs? They didn't do that to mine...
They probably wouldn't have done it to his either if he hadn't supplied the bulbs. That's just a WAG.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NH Fiat,
Did you get your car at Kelly Fiat? Have you resolved your issues? Have you been satisfied so far?

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
When I went in for service I pulled the diag cap from the OBII connection before I got there and put it back on after I left so they wouldn't take mine, I see no reason why the cap should be removed and how it could adversely affect the car so I did not allot them to take mine. I did have the wrench replaced and the door hardware adjusted however, does anyone have a logical or valid reason as told to them as to why the cap would need to be removed?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I did have the wrench replaced and the door hardware adjusted however, does anyone have a logical or valid reason as told to them as to why the cap would need to be removed?
Yes, it's the good old U.S. Government at work. Seems the car Fiat submitted for certification did NOT have the protective cap on the port so Uncle decreed that since it wasn't on the car that was certified they had to remove them from the cars sold to the public.

Hey,you can't make this stuff up!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes, it's the good old U.S. Government at work. Seems the car Fiat submitted for certification did NOT have the protective cap on the port so Uncle decreed that since it wasn't on the car that was certified they had to remove them from the cars sold to the public.

Hey,you can't make this stuff up!

When did this decree happen? I haven't looked, but I hope mine is still there. I had my car serviced back in August.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
When did this decree happen? I haven't looked, but I hope mine is still there. I had my car serviced back in August.
Don't know...got the info by word of mouth from the service department. The local dealer that does my mods had a box of them on the service dept. counter so I just helped myself to one and replaced mine which had been removed by another dealer back in August or perhaps even earlier.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently noticed a clicking noise when I opened and closed my door and found it was the problem mentioned in the service bulitin you referenced. All I had to do was get my allen wrench out and tight a loose bolt, kind of an odd thing to happen.
Now I have a warning light come on at 3700 miles and a message telling me to change my oil.I thought that was supposed to happen at 8000 miles but was told it was based on my driving. I also found out how you reset that error if anyone is interested.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I recently noticed a clicking noise when I opened and closed my door and found it was the problem mentioned in the service bulitin you referenced. All I had to do was get my allen wrench out and tight a loose bolt, kind of an odd thing to happen. Now I have a warning light come on at 3700 miles and a message telling me to change my oil.I thought that was supposed to happen at 8000 miles but was told it was based on my driving. I also found out how you reset that error if anyone is interested.
Saw you already have had people reply in relation to this oil change msg being dependant on driving habits and I replied there mine did about the same, no worries and if you want to reset it you could although I wouldn't, my dealer offered to reset mine when it came on early which I refused by the way, my dealer however sucks so hopefully you'll not have any issues with your dealer.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I recently noticed a clicking noise when I opened and closed my door and found it was the problem mentioned in the service bulitin you referenced. All I had to do was get my allen wrench out and tight a loose bolt, kind of an odd thing to happen.
Now I have a warning light come on at 3700 miles and a message telling me to change my oil.I thought that was supposed to happen at 8000 miles but was told it was based on my driving. I also found out how you reset that error if anyone is interested.
polokid69: I would say at 3700 miles your vehicle would be ready for an oil change. Changing it at 8000 would be too far and not recommended. The oil change indicator light can be reset at your studio once an oil change is performed. Please follow the recommended maintenance schedule in your user guide.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.