Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought in to studio for first oil change. No light still at 5500 but wanted fresh juice and it's FREE so brought her in.

They told me
two TSB'S needed I be done one for false ecu readings and the door hinge. Also my
new badges were in to replace the delaminating ones.

The TSB's and badges will be done next visit I just didn't
have time for it today.

Also they took pix of my clear coat chip on left rear rim to send to a higher power to make a call on replacement.

I'll update as things progress

Sent from my Argento 500

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Brought in to studio for first oil change. No light still at 5500 but wanted fresh juice and it's FREE so brought her in.

They told me
two TSB'S needed I be done one for false ecu readings and the door hinge. Also my
new badges were in to replace the delaminating ones.

The TSB's and badges will be done next visit I just didn't
have time for it today.

Also they took pix of my clear coat chip on left rear rim to send to a higher power to make a call on replacement.

I'll update as things progress

Sent from my Argento 500
Fiat49:

Normal maintenance intervals are not to exceed 8000 miles. Sounds strange but that is what is recommended. I personally would not wait that long, but as long as you abide by the user guide, everything is right as rain. I figured they would have Digital Imaging review the paint chips and wheel damage. Keep me posted.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I've made mine every 5000km, two within the first 5000km, so I'm at 4 changes at 15,000km. Excessive, perhaps, but makes me feel better.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I'm pushing 7k and the light hasn't come on yet. My studio told me straight up that it's 8k, light on, or I pay for it. :(

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I'm pushing 7k and the light hasn't come on yet. My studio told me straight up that it's 8k, light on, or I pay for it. :(
MrFlippant:

You are ok. Follow the maintenance schedule in the user manual. It states that oil changes should not exceed an 8000 miles interval.

·
Registered
228 Posts
enzo

I'm doing mine every 6000km and just about to hit 18,000

·
Registered
453 Posts
That's what I've been going by, but it's hard when everyone out there tells you that new engines need a change sooner, and how the Multi-Air system relies on good clean oil. I drive hard, so I'm amazed that it still hasn't come on.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I'll have to call my studio again. I'm at 6 months now.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I had mine changed around 4500 because the light came on - heavy highway driving from New England to Florida. I just brought it back in for the 8500 service and they changed my oil again. Next change should have been around 11k.

They garage however wont tell me about any TSB's they fill unless I mention an issue. Just like they did another system flash update, 3rd sense I got the car... however it was not listed on the invoice.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I had mine changed around 4500 because the light came on - heavy highway driving from New England to Florida. I just brought it back in for the 8500 service and they changed my oil again. Next change should have been around 11k.

They garage however wont tell me about any TSB's they fill unless I mention an issue. Just like they did another system flash update, 3rd sense I got the car... however it was not listed on the invoice.
NHFiat500:

I would follow the maintenance schedule in the user manual. It recommends not exceeding an 8000 mile interval between oil changes. Since there are handfuls of TSB's on each of our vehicles, and that there are public, they are only performed when the symptoms surface and the studio feels its relative. If a client comes into the studio with certain vehicular symptoms, the studio can research it from a TSB database (via the VIN). They are also available to the public on any general search engine (internet).

·
Registered
7 Posts
While it freaked me out to wait, I trust that the motor engineers have their act together. I waited patiently until the light came on and the closer it got to 8k I was more than a little freaked out, but sure enough 7688 miles and there it was. I would say that driving habits are fairly typical maybe a little more highway than most but not by much. Was in the service bay and the used oil was super clean and bright colored as it drained (way cleaner than expected). TSBs applied based on VIN, in and out 35 minutes. Piece of Cake.

·
Registered
317 Posts
NHFiat500:

I would follow the maintenance schedule in the user manual. It recommends not exceeding an 8000 mile interval between oil changes. Since there are handfuls of TSB's on each of our vehicles, and that there are public, they are only performed when the symptoms surface and the studio feels its relative. If a client comes into the studio with certain vehicular symptoms, the studio can research it from a TSB database (via the VIN). They are also available to the public on any general search engine (internet).
I understand that however I had 4000 more miles to go to reach the next 8000 oil change. I "think" I figured out the reason why they did the oil change early. The dealer I went to in Fort Myers Florida didn't enter the service into the system due to them messing up my car pretty good. I think they are trying to cover themselves for poor service.

·
Registered
133 Posts
My light went off at 3k, went in, got it changed, showed them my bad badges, the master tech said it wasnt delaminated enough..lol Well we drove to Atlanta last weekend from South Florida, and was embarassed by people asking me what was wrong with my badges.. Thanks Rick Case Fiat...lol How delaminated do the badges have to be till they are replaced.. he took photos and all ..

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
that's bs. goto another studio. the part is covered. my front one isnt "that bad" my rear badge is
obvious. studio covered it without issue. go out to the lot with the service manager and show him it's happening to a majority of their cars!

Sent from my Argento 500

1 - 19 of 19 Posts