Fiat 500 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had this issue (sunroof opening to a jar again immediately after closing) on my Abarth 595.

The full sunroof calibration seems to have fixed it, the full calibration from the FIAT manual is:
- Turn the ignition key to MAR (first position).
- Get the sunroof fully closed (I think it might work without this step).
- Hold the close button for 10 seconds until the motor makes an audible click.
- Within 5 seconds, release the close button then press and hold it again.
- Continue to hold the close button while the sunroof goes through a full open and close cycle.
- Let go of the close button and turn the car off and on.

After that the roof should work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My car has done this since new. I never have been able to close the sunroof from the tilt position without first sliding it open at least part way. I also notice that if I keep my finger on the button while it’s closing it will go up into the tilt position instead of closing. So I press it, let it slide forward, pop into the tilt position and then press it again to close. When we had a Fiat dealer here in Richmond, VA, they told me it was just one of the car’s quirks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had the same issue ('13 Sport). Brought it to the attention of the dealer at the last oil change, it was fixed, but now three months later the problem is back.

Any chance it's due to debris in the mechanism? My dealer is particularly unhelpful and would not tell me what the problem was, or what was done to fix it.
I have the same issue, same year and model. The dealership told me it's because the tracks need cleaning and it needs lubricants. They found nothing mechanically wrong with the diagnostics and so I imagine they're right and it is a bit dirty from a recent road trip. Im have it turned up here soon in hopes that it runs much more smoothly.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts