Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and i just got our pearl white sport a week ago and i am wondering if 4x100 wheels will fit on it. I know people do that all the time using wobble bolts but i am wondering if anyone done that with the 500 yet?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see. What is the thread pitch and size on the wheel studs ? And do 500 have studs or bolts?

Not sure on the offset yet. 25 looks really good, but one if the car is nicely lowered. We might just got with like 35 in 17" wheels.

4x98 wheels are way way over priced right now. I can get a set of rotas for 500-600 where 4x98 wheels are all over a grand. 6ul 15x8 or 15x9 will look great on a 500.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I see. What is the thread pitch and size on the wheel studs ? And do 500 have studs or bolts?

Not sure on the offset yet. 25 looks really good, but one if the car is nicely lowered. We might just got with like 35 in 17" wheels.

4x98 wheels are way way over priced right now. I can get a set of rotas for 500-600 where 4x98 wheels are all over a grand. 6ul 15x8 or 15x9 will look great on a 500.

The difference is when you pay 500$ you pay for what you get, and you cannot compare cheap rota wheels to other quality brand wheels or custom made wheels... I have seen way to many rota wheels crack and bend. Its up to you in the end, but the bottom line is you get what you pay for...

I got a quality 4x98 wheels for under 800$, research is key!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I wonder if a conversion to studs exists, then. I recently did that on my Benz, and it makes things easier all around.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have had many many cars with rota wheels. My turbo miata that i autox very often has axis wheels on it and i never had issues with them. My 08 Subaru legacy spec.b has bbs ch replica wheels. 18x8.5 they cost me 599 shipped to my house. Original bbs are exact same construction only 2 pounds lighter and cost 450 a wheel.

As summer daily driven wheels I think its insane to pay 2 grand for a set of wheels. I won't pay more than 500-600 for a set of wheels. Subaru crowd uses rota wheels all the time and they have very good feedback on them.

What thread size and pitch are bolts on the fiat? Anybody know where to get a set of wobble bolts?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have had many many cars with rota wheels. My turbo miata that i autox very often has axis wheels on it and i never had issues with them. My 08 Subaru legacy spec.b has bbs ch replica wheels. 18x8.5 they cost me 599 shipped to my house. Original bbs are exact same construction only 2 pounds lighter and cost 450 a wheel.
You do realize that a two pound drop in unsprung weight is very substantial, right? :confused: Also, if they're that much lighter, then there's no way that they are "exact same construction".

It's obviously up to you, but imho, replicas are always cheesy, and usually not as well built as the original. My SSR Type X's on my crx, for example - Rota makes their own version as well, and yep, they're 2 pounds heavier than the original. If and when I do get my Abarth next year, I've noticed several rim options on Tirerack in the $175/200 each range that will do the trick. OZ, for example, has a couple of fine, lightweight rim options that look reasonable without having to go down the replica path.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts