Fiat 500 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
I would assume that they can, but unless you can present it to them as a problem they're probably not going to do anything about it. The brake condition is not ideal, but it's not a defect in my opinion.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My dealer recently contacted me with a "service reminder" so I replied to them asking them to schedule me for this service as a part of included maintenance. I have yet to hear back, but I will report here with the results, as local service departments absolutely should be able to perform this calibration easily, since it is relatively easy for us to perform with the correct OBD module and software. (This calibration should be performed at no charge, is my take, since this is effectively a warranty issue).

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Apparently Fiat dealers can do it. F500e_NL first posted the solution using official software in the original thread at https://www.fiat500owners.com/threads/new-owner-with-odd-braking-behavior-is-this-normal.149010/

However Salty Peanuts has a very good point that they should be required to do it free as a recall, as often as needed*. The grabbiness doesn't bother me, but what if someone is tailgating me. I'm more likely to get hit. Also more likely to spill my hot coffee & have an unsafe reaction, although that might be a bit of a stretch to claim as unsafe.

* I don't yet know how long the recalibration works.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Everyone please file a complaint like Salty Peanuts did, since it says "If the agency receives similar reports from a number of people about the same product, this could indicate that a safety-related defect may exist that would warrant the opening of an investigation."

Please enter your VIN at:

then go down about 3 pages & by "01 Complaints" click "Report a safety problem".

21 - 26 of 26 Posts