Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why my odometer and the : between hrs and mins on the clock would start flashing? What's the fix? Take it to the dealer? Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
Does anyone know why my odometer and the : between hrs and mins on the clock would start flashing? What's the fix? Take it to the dealer? Thank you!
Have you made any mods/changes to your car? I've heard of this with head unit swaps, you could try to reset the cars computer by pulling the battery lead and pressing the brake a few times and holding it for about 15 seconds to drain the power, this helps with issues at times, otherwise I'd likely check with the local studio.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Pop off the negative lead to the battery and let it sit for 15 minutes. Reattach it and you'll be good to go. It does that when the cluster gets an incomplete signal (or something like that). It's like a hiccup in the system, nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called the local dealer and he didn't know what I was talking about. I called my dealer 1-1/2 hrs away and he knew exactly what it was. Go figure. I'll try your suggestion. Many thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I haven't done anything to the car. I've only had it about a month. I thought maybe it got hit by lightning or something. I'll try these suggestions and see what happens. Thanks for your response.

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
No, I haven't done anything to the car. I've only had it about a month. I thought maybe it got hit by lightning or something. I'll try these suggestions and see what happens. Thanks for your response.

Good luck, the battery cable pull I and Azzurro mentioned works many times, hopefully for you too!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried all the above, but it seems nothing is happening. I've just had the car for a week. Bought it second hand. The flashing just doesn't want to stop flashing after trying the, disconnected negative, waited for 15min. Then depressed the brake as suggested. Then did the same thing with ignition on etc. Nothing is making it to stop flashing. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I tried all the above, but it seems nothing is happening. I've just had the car for a week. Bought it second hand. The flashing just doesn't want to stop flashing after trying the, disconnected negative, waited for 15min. Then depressed the brake as suggested. Then did the same thing with ignition on etc. Nothing is making it to stop flashing. Any other suggestions?
Hello Manolitu,
We are sorry to hear about your continued concern with your new Fiat. As our team is not technically trained, we are unfortunately unable to speculate regarding this inquiry. We recommend visiting your dealer at your earliest convenience to ensure that this concern is addressed. We are also available via private message if you would like any additional assistance during that process.
Laura
FiatCares

1 - 12 of 12 Posts