Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read a few reviews. Most seem to like the 500. A few have commented on "it felt like the parts were gonna break of in my hands", in references to seat controls, etc. Anyone here feel there are some quality issues with the control bits? The Mini Cooper controls always felt that way to me, but they never broke off :)

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
The seat control has a new revised design that can be replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
up and down

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
Haven't had any thing break off yet. I have had the car since last August. See the height adjuster seat lever broken off the demo manufactory car.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Seat height adjuster is the weakest link, but otherwise the car is pretty darn solid. Recently, C&D commented that it's impressed with how "solid" its fleet, long-term test FIAT 500 is. Based on my 3-years' experience with a MINI and after almost a year in the 500, I'd say the 500 is much less prone to developing rattles or other unwanted noises or niggles.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The top half of the gear shift knob came off a week after we got the car. It probably just needed a drop of glue to fix it, but we already knew we wanted an after-market knob, so we just ordered that instead of having it fixed. That's the only thing that proved flimsy. The other controls don't seem too bad. The handle you use to pull the seats forward to let someone in the back does seem a bit more flexible than it should be, but we don't expect to use it very often, so it's not a huge deal.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Seat height adjuster is the weakest link, but otherwise the car is pretty darn solid. Recently, C&D commented that it's impressed with how "solid" its fleet, long-term test FIAT 500 is. Based on my 3-years' experience with a MINI and after almost a year in the 500, I'd say the 500 is much less prone to developing rattles or other unwanted noises or niggles.
I had 3 MINIs that rattled, creaked, and broke down.
I agree with you. The 500 just keeps purring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts