Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

New to the forum. I have been working on my own cars for 30 years. Replaced a few clutches in the past. So I had to replace the clutch on my daughter's Fiat 500 1.4 Lounge 100hp.

I am meticulous in the work I do, made sure all connections are good and clutch went in fine. Had the flywheel skimmed.( Normal flywheel).

Now car won't start. Diagnostics throws out P0621 (Alternator D+ signal) , P0336 (Phonic wheel Rev sensor) and P0110 (Air temp sensor). The car turns over and sometimes fires up but very rough idle and check engine light.

The car was running 100% perfectly before the clutch change. My question is this. I noticed a line or groove in the flywheel. I am almost 100% sure the flywheel could only fit in one way but now doubting myself as there is no reason for the car to do this. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys
Rudi

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
We call it "resurfacing." I do like "skimmed," I think I'll use that term!

I can't tell from where I'm sitting what's wrong with it. The CEL codes you listed has nothing to do with flywheel. I'd start with double-checking all the electrical connection that you undid while removing the transmission.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
AHHHH ok - yeah sometimes we call that being "turned" since it usually gets done on a lathe. I agree with JB that the codes you're showing do not usually relate to engine position/ spark. Check your grounds, these cars are sensitive to bad grounds.

·
Registered
30 Posts
There is a relearn procedure for the crankshaft position sensor. I don’t recall what it is, but it involves running the engine at varying RPMs for a period of time and sequence. That may be one remedy to try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts