Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Worked fine until a few days ago.
Started after the battery was disconnected for charging.
Have two fobs - both unlock doors and hatch normally but neither will lock doors or hatch.
Can hear the usual locking sound and hear the usual beep.
Doors and hatch lock and unlock as usual with inside driver door handle.
Your suggestions gratefully appreciated!

·
Registered
863 Posts
I would suspected the driver's door servo is weak. When you lock, did you try the other 3 doors?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply. When you push the inside driver-side door handle all doors lock. When you push the fob's unlock button all doors unlock. But when you push the fob's lock button none of the doors lock (despite usual locking sounds and usual beep).

·
Registered
863 Posts
It's a new one but what I'd check. It sounds like the driver's side servo doesn't have enough "ooph" to latch the driver's door. Since you can hear the click, it could be weak... but disassembly and lubing the moving parts might do the job. (I'd use silicone spray.) You could test that. Sitting in the driver's seat, apply some pressure to the driver's handle and press the lock button.

Makes sense, doesn't it? The driver's door handle activates the other locks and the key bob activates that handle. Cold weather could have stiffened things a bit.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Thank you for your reply. When you push the inside driver-side door handle all doors lock. When you push the fob's unlock button all doors unlock. But when you push the fob's lock button none of the doors lock (despite usual locking sounds and usual beep).
Hello bluedog,
Sorry to hear about your recent concerns. We recommend visiting your Fiat dealer at your earliest convenience to ensure that this concern is addressed. We are also available via private message if you would like any additional assistance during that process.
Laura
FiatCares

·
Registered
10 Posts
The driver's door handle activates the other locks and the key bob activates that handle.
Any source that this is how the system operates? If it does, it would be the only one I know of that functions this way, and I'd be interested to read up on it.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Any source that this is how the system operates? If it does, it would be the only one I know of that functions this way, and I'd be interested to read up on it.
Only anecdotal. Hold the inside driver's door handle out when hitting the key bob button. Both sides click but aren't locked, as he described. I discovered that when I reinstalled the driver's door panel incorrectly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks map! Pulled the driver's door panel, snugged up connections and re-installed. Solved!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts