Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to one of the local Fiat dealers yesterday to see what was on the lot and was told that Forward Care was gone??? I have heard you could opt out (sorry Canadian owners) for a $500 credit, but on the dealers web site I now see in the fine print of an ad that Forward care is gone as of 1/2/12. Has anybody else heard this or is this a dealer specific thing? The same ad shows a price OTD of $13995 (plus tax) for a Pop and $16995 (plus tax)for a Sport.

The guy also spouted off something about how there were supposed to be 4 previous price increases over the last year and that all of the cars on the lot would be updated with new window stickers.....which counters the add saying there is a $500~1500 discount. He did locate the car we are looking for which has an MSRP of $19,650, but told me the price was $20,900. Luckily we have a second dealer in town that I guess I need to go talk to about these changes.

On a positive note, the dealer told me the demo Abarth would be there in March and that costumer Abarth's would be delivered end of April. The second dealer has the same delivery date on their website.:D

·
Registered
350 Posts
Sounds like you're getting some smoke blown up an unpleasant place re: price increases... By law, the dealer HAS to sell the car at the price listed on the car (if they're going to mark it up, they need to have an added-price sticker). As far as the Forward Care, that's a goner.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Sounds like you're getting some smoke blown up an unpleasant place re: price increases... By law, the dealer HAS to sell the car at the price listed on the car (if they're going to mark it up, they need to have an added-price sticker). As far as the Forward Care, that's a goner.
No they don't they are allowed to sell it lower than the price listed on the car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, I did a search and must have used the wrong wording as it never came up. Just wanted some clarification after the other dribble the guy told me.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
drivel /peeve. sorry. :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
What kind of warrenty is provided if the forward care warrenty is gone? I have the warrenty... everyone else buying a un-warrented car?

FIAT FORWARD CARE BENEFITS:

4 YEARS / 50,000 MILES•Basic Limited Warranty ( as outlined in the 2012 USER GUIDE )
•$30 First Day Rental Car Allowance or Taxi Reimbursement ( same day mechanical or maintenance service visit, excludes body work )
•Extended Car Rental Allowance or Taxi Reimbursement ( for overnight repairs on covered components, 5-day maximum per occurrence )

4 YEARS / UNLIMITED MILES
•"Sign-And-Go" Towing and Roadside Assistance ( includes towing, flat-tire service, battery jump, out-of-gas fuel delivery and lockout service e.g. keys locked in car or frozen lock )
•$1000 Trip Interruption Coverage Provides up to $1000 for lodging, meals and car rental expense if:
•(1) the vehicle is inoperable due to a component failure covered by the factory warranty AND
•(2) The failure occurs more than 100 miles from home

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Topic being discussed deals with free oil changes and other regular maintenance related items and expenses. I'm sure someone else can elaborate but this is what people are speaking of that is no longer offered, free maintenance, not the standard new car warranty items offered by Fiat. It REALLY needs to be expanded on but I'm just replying to make you aware it is a very different thing being referred to here.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Oh okay the worry free 36,000 mile maintence. Got mine in Oct and enjoying the included maintence.
;) I think people are mixing the standard warranty 4yr 50K mile and the free 3yr maintenance terminology is all, easily done really. I don't even know for certain what is included on the 3yr free deal, I actually think (but am not certain) it may even differ a little from one dealer to another but it may actually be regulated by FIAT HQ and be consistent all around, just haven't looked into it or needed to enough to be sure.

·
Registered
341 Posts
The maintenance includes:

Oil and oil filter changes.
Spark plugs (32k miles).
Engine Air Filter (16k or 32k miles).
Clutch, if you kill it.
Cabin Air filter (16k miles).

BC.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts