Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I've had wheels repaired in the past. Not these wheels though. They should be able to tell you if it's repairable or not on the spot. I'd look for a replacement, used if it's bad. Repairs can run $100-$200.

·
Registered
76 Posts
They The Wheel Doctor in Cincinnati .... good reviews from two co-workers who both suffered aluminum wheel damage and got them repaired there.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yea, i also have the 5 year/50k wheel and tire protection plan. Anything happens(minus tire wear) and i get it repaired or replaced free of charge.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
FWIW, every wheel I have seen repaired or have had repaired was good as new.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Didn't even know they offered a wheel/tire protection plan, but then my dealer didn't offer me anything and I believe they knew little of what could have been offered to be honest.
Tweak:

Yes, studios, through service contracts, offered wheel protection for a fee. But, it wouldnt covered pre-existing concerns if purchased.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I signed up for Obama-wheelcare. It covered pre-existing and all wheels living with parents until 25.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I signed up for Obama-wheelcare. It covered pre-existing and all wheels living with parents until 25.

Ahhhh.. Mr. Pickles... you crack me up.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Tweak: Yes, studios, through service contracts, offered wheel protection for a fee. But, it wouldnt covered pre-existing concerns if purchased.
I wasn't offered anything, I mean NOTHING at all, I just bought the most loaded Sport they had on the lot, they told me it would be cleaned and delivered, delivered happened but cleaned it was not, just one of many things that was told would be done that was not, I expect nothing less from them now.

·
Registered
368 Posts
When i bought mine a few weeks ago, they offered me the extended warranty and the rim/tire plan. I declined, and the finance guy was SHOCKED that i wanted to decline. He worked some magic, and he nearly threw in the extended warranty and rim/tire plan.

·
Registered
255 Posts
He worked some magic, and he nearly threw in the extended warranty and rim/tire plan.
In this case, "worked some magic" means "dropped the $800 of pure profit they wanted to take from the price". To be honest, I always decline EVERYTHING the finance manager offers, bringing my own credit union's check to cover the payment, because even though I know some of those things they offer are useful, and even though I know the dealer can be talked into a good price, I don't want to sit there haggling over hundreds when I'm buying a $20,000 car, and I don't want to overpay for stuff I have no good way of knowing what it's worth. So I decline everything for the sake of everybody leaving on good terms.
Sounds like you actually managed to win the negotiation though, even if you weren't aware you were negotiating. The rim/tire plan would definitely be worth it if you got them down to a good price.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
See if Fiat offered a kit where you can bolt it on to the hatchback like a jeep. You'd look like a boss.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Yeah, and I paid for it for YOU! :mad: ;)

Anyway, wheel repairs in my experience always look good as new.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I wasn't offered anything, I mean NOTHING at all, I just bought the most loaded Sport they had on the lot, they told me it would be cleaned and delivered, delivered happened but cleaned it was not, just one of many things that was told would be done that was not, I expect nothing less from them now.

Tweak:

I apologize you were not offered a service contract at the time of your Fiat purchase. NOt sure why they didnt at least offer it to see if you were interested, let alone put it on your vehicle free of charge.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Tweak: I apologize you were not offered a service contract at the time of your Fiat purchase. NOt sure why they didnt at least offer it to see if you were interested, let alone put it on your vehicle free of charge.
The only offer they made was the offer to make the wallet lighter. It is what it is, maybe they improved...guess time will tell.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts