Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I just got my first fiat 500 yesterday and I absolutely love it. Its a 2013 Fiat 500 sport manual. I'm 6'2" 275lbs and fit in it great. Regretfully the front and rear windshield wipers do not work. Checked both fuse boxes and there all good. The trip button does not work either that is on the end of the wiper stalk. Im assuming the switch unit that has both stalks on it is bad. Was wondering if anyone knows anything else to try before I take it in. It has 48,200 miles so I still barely have a warranty, but I'm leaving for vacation Wednesday and Im afraid they wont have time to fix it by then. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello I just got my first fiat 500 yesterday and I absolutely love it. Its a 2013 Fiat 500 sport manual. I'm 6'2" 275lbs and fit in it great. Regretfully the front and rear windshield wipers do not work. Checked both fuse boxes and there all good. The trip button does not work either that is on the end of the wiper stalk. Im assuming the switch unit that has both stalks on it is bad. Was wondering if anyone knows anything else to try before I take it in. It has 48,200 miles so I still barely have a warranty, but I'm leaving for vacation Wednesday and Im afraid they wont have time to fix it by then. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Hi there. I am having a very similar problem on a 2019 abarth manual. Did you ever solve your wiper problem and if so, how?
[I bought this car new one week ago, and on two different days I could not turn on the front wipers. Those days happened to be wet, and on dry sunny days the wipers worked normally.]
[Yes, I am taking it to the dealer again but last week they seemed baffled because at the time the wipers were working.]
I would be most grateful for any insight you can provide. I also may post my own question in the forum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The OP’s wiper post, is 4 years old. He’s probably long gone by now.
Smark, in case you are interested in this particular problem, I took my fiat back to the dealer where they read the data and found two issues in the Body Control Module affecting the front wipers: one was stored (B102013) and one was pending (B102113). After resetting the module the wipers seem to be fine.
Happy New Year !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Both are Front Wiper Circuits according to the report I was given. Also, they updated the software.

·
Registered
12,685 Posts
Smark, in case you are interested in this particular problem, I took my fiat back to the dealer where they read the data and found two issues in the Body Control Module affecting the front wipers: one was stored (B102013) and one was pending (B102113). After resetting the module the wipers seem to be fine.
Happy New Year !
The computers on modern cars control all electrical functions these days. Glad the wiper issue was taken care of. A Simple refresh of the system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts