Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I am waiting to get pulled over for not having a front license plate, but I like the way the front looks without it. Anyone taken the time to put on the front plate holder? Is it a pain in the A** to get on?

Thanks. Bob

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
I am waiting also to get pulled over for it. I have found this, which requires no holes to be drilled into the bumper. The mount actually uses existing holes.

http://500madness.com/500madness/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=39_59&product_id=461
Keep the plate in the trunk and some two sided tape in the glovebox. If you are ever pulled over, tell the LEO that you just got your front bumper repaired and painted and hadn't had a chance to put the plate on. If he insists you have a plate to drive, then get it out of the trunk and the tape from your glove box and stick it on. You need to do this to get past inspection too.

And make sure you aren't doing something else while driving that the LEO uses the missing plate as an excuse to check out...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Keep the plate in the trunk and some two sided tape in the glovebox. If you are ever pulled over, tell the LEO that you just got your front bumper repaired and painted and hadn't had a chance to put the plate on. If he insists you have a plate to drive, then get it out of the trunk and the tape from your glove box and stick it on. You need to do this to get past inspection too.

And make sure you aren't doing something else while driving that the LEO uses the missing plate as an excuse to check out...
I have also seen that if you have something like that, or a paperwork violation of some sort, cops will often let you off with a warning or citation for that instead of the moving violation.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have a friend of mine that always gets pulled over for no front plate and lets just say his insurance isn't cheap! He got way too many no front plate tickets that the cops made a note of it in their system.

What I would do for a clean look is get the hideaway license plate system like this....

·
Registered
746 Posts
I lived in Dallas for 4 years & never even got a look for no front plate. I got pulled over for an expired inspection sticker once tho & he didn't mention the front plate. I've lived in San Antonio for a year & 1/2 and the only time an officer mentioned my lack of front plate was when I was entering the army medical base - but they are extremely strict on base. He just told me next time I come on base to throw the plate in the window.

The platypus plate holder is good but for $60, not worth it. Do a quick google search & you can find plenty of do it yourself plate holders using brackets from Home Depot that don't touch the bumper & will cost you less than $10 and a few minutes of your time to fabricate.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
It depends on the state. In MD it can be either an inspection ticket (no fine, no points if you fix it by a certain date). Or it can be a fine, no points, no need to fix. IIRC, the ticket is "$45" but with all the fees and court costs, it costs about $105.

Have 4 cars now without a front plate over the past 10 years. 1 ticket, paid the fine, and keep on going.

·
Banned
762 Posts
I guess I am waiting to get pulled over for not having a front license plate, but I like the way the front looks without it. Anyone taken the time to put on the front plate holder? Is it a pain in the A** to get on?

Thanks. Bob
Don't put your rear plates on either...keep the car as if it was new...just use the dealer sticker on the front window in place.

I hate CA plates...ugliest things around.

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
In Arizona only 1 plate is required
if you have special plates you are given 2
I want to put one on the front of my Fiat
I saw the post by atticus1214 and I probably will order one of them from amazon

1 - 17 of 17 Posts