Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In PA we do not have front plate and I just picked up my Pearl Sport yesterday from a MD dealer and it has a plate mount on the car. Sales mgr said they have to drill the front bumper cover to mount the holder. Other than using a design plate of some sort has anyone done anything to eliminate the plate holder? Looks like it is held on with 4 fasteners.

·
Registered
4 Posts
In PA we do not have front plate and I just picked up my Pearl Sport yesterday from a MD dealer and it has a plate mount on the car. Sales mgr said they have to drill the front bumper cover to mount the holder. Other than using a design plate of some sort has anyone done anything to eliminate the plate holder? Looks like it is held on with 4 fasteners.
Yep, I told my dealer to leave it off since the car had just come in and was not prep'd yet. Saved me a lot of grief.
In your unfortunate situation, I would get four plastic domed frame plugs (the smallest ones you can find at your local hardware store or car dealer) , a bottle of fiat touch up paint, and paint the caps of the plugs. Then insert them in the holes. It will appear more "factory" and less like a patch job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts