Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else having this issue. I noticed this weekend. I originally thought was condensation or water but I don't think so. The rear is worse then front but It's gonna bother me.

Called Studio I have to bring it in tomorrow for them to take pictures to get it approved for warranty. ?? ok!

The white area u see is lifting off whatever it's attached too!

check yours and let me know!

Sent from my Argento 500

Attachments

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Yes, common problem. Design defect it seems. Mine is starting to do it.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, common problem. Design defect it seems. Mine is starting to do it.
have they found a fix for it. The
last thing I want is the studio digging my badges off just to replace them with ones that will do it again.

Has anyone had theirs replaced??

Can I get Abarth ones? hmmmm

Sent from my Argento 500

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
Call Fiat customer, see if they have found a solution to the design defect, since its common issue. Might be a issue with the supplier.

Mines fine.

·
Registered
317 Posts
This is a common issue and they will replace them no questions asked. I had my rear one replaced. On a trip from NE to FL I stopped at a Sarasota Florida dealer to have an oil change and all the cars on the lot had the same problem. I wonder if its the heat that does it.

Anyone know if the new ones have this problem corrected?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Called Studio I have to bring it in tomorrow for them to take pictures to get it approved for warranty. ?? ok!
Sounds like you should find a new dealer. This is covered by warrenty. While your at the dealer check out the other cars on the lot. You will find they are doing the same.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Mine is doing the same but I think a bit less than yours, my thing is I don't want them to replace it with another that'll od the same since the more times it is changed the more risk of paint damage, I'd like to see an actual fix for this or a custom badge where this would not be an issue, just haven't thought what kind of custom I might want. The Abarth badge is sweet but I won't be putting that on my Sport cause I know the bad attention that'd draw and mine is not an Abarth so I see no reason to do such a thing.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Mine didn't start doing it until I went through a car wash ---- I thought it was the high pressure or something.
Since dealers us the same sort of wash, I wonder if that might start it?

I'll show it to the dealer eventually though.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Mine didn't start doing it until I went through a car wash ---- I thought it was the high pressure or something.
Since dealers us the same sort of wash, I wonder if that might start it?
My dealer has a detailing awning outside and an employee that does nothing but hand wash and detail cars. If you have a car that Fields automotive group sells here in Orlando, you can just drive in to the Fields Fiat Orlando dealership and ask for a car wash and they'll do one for you. After the wash outside, he will pull the car into the service bay and vacuum out the car, finish drying it off and do the windows.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
The Abarth badge is sweet but I won't be putting that on my Sport cause I know the bad attention that'd draw and mine is not an Abarth so I see no reason to do such a thing.
You KNOW you're beginning to age when you start thinking like THAT!:confused:

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Sounds like you should find a new dealer. This is covered by warrenty. While your at the dealer check out the other cars on the lot. You will find they are doing the same.
Reading here, some of these dealers are so anally retentive it's UNREAL!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
So I am showing my age by not being a poser...lol. I'll accept that one, how old do you think I am anyways? :D
Mid 30's...I do occasionally look at profiles.:D

1 - 20 of 62 Posts