Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the freeways are no longer congested, I was able to conduct a fun and simple experiment throughout the last month or so. I set the cruise control going to and from work at 65 mph and recorded the average energy and the temperature for each trip. It's not a controlled experiment by any stretch as the freeways here in SoCal are mostly flat, but not perfectly flat. I made sure to have data points for going to and from work when it's warm and when it's colder so that the data is not skewed. Yes, that I meant that I went to work at and coming home at different times of day on purpose just to capture data from all temperature ranges. Trips where I had to cancel the cruise control for any reasons were discarded. Also trips shorter than 10 continuous miles were discarded. Most data points recorded were from trips in excess of 30 continuous miles since my total commute is 45 miles each way. I also did one for 60 mph to compare, so I'll chart that later. Enjoy.

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver), 2002 Honda VFR
528 Posts
Dang I don’t think I ever had it go below 3.5mi/kw even in cold days. Worst I’ve seen mine was 3.8 and best was 5.2. Also while air temps play a part in efficiency because battery conditioning the air Itself is more dense when cold so it has more wind resistance at the same relative speed vs hot days.

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver), 2002 Honda VFR
528 Posts
My fiat seems to be optimistic about its range lol even if I was avg 5.1mile/KW I don’t think I’ll ever get 127 miles on a charge. Temps have been idea for lithium packs lately though.

·
Registered
528 Posts
And the very worse I tried on way home 80MPH with 13mph head wind, AC full blast 28miles freeways and 5 miles worth on city. Wow look at that horrible 3.4mile a KW lol. That’s as bad as a Tesla Model S and X.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts