Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Fiat 500 Turbo
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a used 2013 500 Turbo with many 500 Madness upgrades. After letting the car sit without being driven for 1 week the car would not start due to a dead battery. With some troubleshooting I found parasitic battery drain and singled it down to the Blue & Me module which wasn't working since I bought the car. I unplugged the module because I will be getting an aftermarket head unit with BT anyway and recharged the battery. I am now getting the following DTC codes which make me think I am having issues with a fuse or a failing PCM/ECU:

P0031 - O2 sensor heater circuit low voltage (upstream)
P0037 - O2 sensor heather circuit low voltage (downstream)
P0135 - O2 sensor open circuit or short in heather circuit (upstream)
P0034 - Turbo bypass valve control circuit low
P0243 - Wastegate solenoid open or short circuit - I also noticed significant turbo flutter after getting these codes which make me think the ECU is not operating this solenoid appropriately. The solenoid measures 22 ohms. tested operation with 9v battery and seems to be functioning OK.
P0458 - EVAP purge control valve circuit low
P1128 - Closed loop fueling not achieved. Seems that the sensors above not functioning properly would cause this.
P04AC - Purge control valve circuit low - I am not sure this is the correct description of this code.

Can anyone shed some light on the situation? I doubt all of these components would fail coincidentally, so I am thinking the ECU/PCM has failed. I looked at the fuses under the hood and they are all OK. Which fuses would be ECU be using specifically? Perhaps I missed the fuse that may have blown and should double check them? Any way to test the ECU?

·
Registered
2013 Fiat 500 Turbo
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update
I found that fuse F11 was loose and was not making a good connection. I added a little solder to the tab on the fuse and reinserted. Problem solved!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently picked up a used 2013 500 Turbo with many 500 Madness upgrades. After letting the car sit without being driven for 1 week the car would not start due to a dead battery. With some troubleshooting I found parasitic battery drain and singled it down to the Blue & Me module which wasn't working since I bought the car. I unplugged the module because I will be getting an aftermarket head unit with BT anyway and recharged the battery. I am now getting the following DTC codes which make me think I am having issues with a fuse or a failing PCM/ECU:

P0031 - O2 sensor heater circuit low voltage (upstream)
P0037 - O2 sensor heather circuit low voltage (downstream)
P0135 - O2 sensor open circuit or short in heather circuit (upstream)
P0034 - Turbo bypass valve control circuit low
P0243 - Wastegate solenoid open or short circuit - I also noticed significant turbo flutter after getting these codes which make me think the ECU is not operating this solenoid appropriately. The solenoid measures 22 ohms. tested operation with 9v battery and seems to be functioning OK.
P0458 - EVAP purge control valve circuit low
P1128 - Closed loop fueling not achieved. Seems that the sensors above not functioning properly would cause this.
P04AC - Purge control valve circuit low - I am not sure this is the correct description of this code.

Can anyone shed some light on the situation? I doubt all of these components would fail coincidentally, so I am thinking the ECU/PCM has failed. I looked at the fuses under the hood and they are all OK. Which fuses would be ECU be using specifically? Perhaps I missed the fuse that may have blown and should double check them? Any way to test the ECU?
Hi I have a 2013 Abarth and always has the p0420 but we put in the o2 fouler. Which then I think came loose rubbed on the ground which spilt the o2 wiring and partially melted the o2 sensor, now I have all these codes
P0034
P0245
P0458
P04ac
Do you thinknit could be a fuse or do you think something got short circuited ,or ecu?

·
Registered
2013 Fiat 500 Turbo
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi I have a 2013 Abarth and always has the p0420 but we put in the o2 fouler. Which then I think came loose rubbed on the ground which spilt the o2 wiring and partially melted the o2 sensor, now I have all these codes
P0034
P0245
P0458
P04ac
Do you thinknit could be a fuse or do you think something got short circuited ,or ecu?
I would start with checking fuse F11 as that is powertrain fuse for the O2 Sensors. The 02 sensor will need to be replaced in order to get those codes cleared permanently. Of you still have issues after that it may be an issue with the ECU from a short circuit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So today I cleaned my AOS ,replaced the pcv valve and o ring ,replaced o2 sensor and the wire . Replace the f11 and f17 fuse . And notice we cracked my 4th coil soni replaced that. We started it up but there is soooooo many codes wtheck!! Even saying more stuff about the o2 sensors and now talking about wastegate solenoids, im talking 12 codes. Trying to decide if I should now try to plug in my 2014 abarth ecu into my 2013 and see if any codes come up. Haven't test drove. But when I first replaced fuse and cleared codes the check engine light didn't come on instantly, thinking that helped some and so will the new o2 and cleaning the aos and the pcv valve ,but trying to decide if I should order a new ecu . Or take mine to dealer to get diagnosed and see if it is the ecu and if it will need to reprogrammed or replaced and what else they will say . Not willing to buy my CA legal catalytic converter

·
Registered
2013 Fiat 500 Turbo
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So today I cleaned my AOS ,replaced the pcv valve and o ring ,replaced o2 sensor and the wire . Replace the f11 and f17 fuse . And notice we cracked my 4th coil soni replaced that. We started it up but there is soooooo many codes wtheck!! Even saying more stuff about the o2 sensors and now talking about wastegate solenoids, im talking 12 codes. Trying to decide if I should now try to plug in my 2014 abarth ecu into my 2013 and see if any codes come up. Haven't test drove. But when I first replaced fuse and cleared codes the check engine light didn't come on instantly, thinking that helped some and so will the new o2 and cleaning the aos and the pcv valve ,but trying to decide if I should order a new ecu . Or take mine to dealer to get diagnosed and see if it is the ecu and if it will need to reprogrammed or replaced and what else they will say . Not willing to buy my CA legal catalytic converter

Did you try disconnecting the battery (-) from the car for 15 minutes? This might help reset some of the electronics. I would definitely try your 2014 ECU in the vehicle before you purchase a new one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We did unhook battery for 30 mins once just not sure we did it again. But today I will unhook and then try ecu. I wonder what the chance is that the ecu is bad or if it needs to be reprogrammed? I'm just trying to figure out what the techs first move would be or part

1 - 7 of 7 Posts