Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all:

I was just pre-approved for my auto loan, and am hoping to walk away from a Studio with a new Abarth by the end of this month; I'm debating between nero or blanco w/ red caps & stripes. This will be my first new car purchase (currently drive a used Jeep Wrangler), so I'm excited, but also dreading the car-buying experience. This will also be my very first car with a manual transmission; I've only driven stick once, so I'm actually dreading the test-drive and feel sorry for the salesman that will have to witness my pitiful driving experience.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi as a future owner, and to watch out for me on the street!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

The Abarth will be also be my first new car and my first manual transmission car. My test drive went pretty well, I only stalled once. I feel like given another 20 mins I'll be a pro. Good luck with choosing a color. Mine is going to be nero with red stripes. The blanco with red stripes is classic, but I didn't want another white car.

·
Banned
5,539 Posts
***I am not disappointed in the Fiat 500 as I knew it was down on power, as a matter of fact this latest purchase as far as manuals go is considerably down on power compared to my other manual purchases. I am liking the mpg's so far mind you.

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
The disappointment I refer to above is from other manufacturers cars, truly think after driving the Abarth other manuals in the same or nearly the same class is likely to leave you wanting to be back in the Abarth. :)
Got it, Tweak.

I'm heading over to our FIAT studio to test their Abarth demo this weekend. I can't tell you how stoked I am to get in that little beast. I don't plan on getting one, but I can't pass up the opportunity to drive one. I'll report back to you on my experience. :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Officially an owner!

Just wanted to say that I'm now officially an owner! Got my Abarth this past Sunday. It's not the configuration I wanted, as it has the black/red leather seats and 16-inch wheels; the dealer agreed to swap out both components, so I'll have my perfect configuration in about a month when the parts come in.

I avoided doing the test drive (to save face on my lack of driving skill), but I did drive the car all the way home without stalling. I am quickly improving, but still need tons of practice LOL.

Anyway, here's my new baby, fresh from the dealer:

IMG_1454.jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

- Jason

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wanted an Abarth with nero paint, rosso stripes/caps, 17" black wheels, nero leather bucket seats. I was also impatient =)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts