Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Today (Feb 29 th) where I am, (Victoria BC) we are paying 136.9 a litre for reg 87 octane gas. That's $5.20 for a US Gallon and $6.21 for an Imperial gallon.
I'm averaging 8.2l/100km so 34.45 mpg imperial. I have a heavy foot and favour sport mode.
How do you compare?

john

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
When I see people down south complaining about $3.50/gallon I laugh.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
We are 4.39/gal for oxygenated blah gas here in So Cal

·
Registered
41 Posts
$3.46 gal Sunoco premium. Average since I got my car 1100 miles ago is standing at 42.7 mpg.

Not to hijack the thread but are there any more gas pumps with seperate hoses for regular, mid grade and premium?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I check mpg every tank. The 'T' just turned 2,800 miles, I'm averaging 26.5 - 27.0 per tank of all city driving.
The one road trip was 38.5 with 700 miles on the car.
I suspect this will increase as it gets broken in.
This is all with 93 octane.

WW-

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I never check my MPG if the lights comes on I just put more in.:)
That's the smartest thing to do with an Abarth! Especially if you previously owned a Sport as I did. I finally achieved 35 mpg on the Super Slab from Savannah to Orlando. Driving the speed limit and from 8 pm to 12:30 am in the evening. Approx. 3,000 miles on the odometer at the time.

·
Banned
5,539 Posts
For our American members the short form of British Columbia is B.C which to us ******** east of B.C means "Bring cash" We conservatives are paying right around 111.9/L lol To the Abarth owners even 20-25mpg is not so shabby, try 10mpg's when "gettin on it". That's when you pull into Shell unscrew gas cap fill in pay and leave.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I never check my MPG if the lights comes on I just put more in.:)

Pretty much the same way I do it. I get people asking about what I pay for gas and I always tell them I pay whatever the total is when I finish pumping. It isn't like it is an optional thing so I pay whatever the price is and never look at the price per gallon. Always use 93 so always paying higher than the posted pricing shown in passing the station. :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Pretty much the same way I do it. I get people asking about what I pay for gas and I always tell them I pay whatever the total is when I finish pumping. It isn't like it is an optional thing so I pay whatever the price is and never look at the price per gallon. Always use 93 so always paying higher than the posted pricing shown in passing the station. :)
Do you have E10 fuel out there? We have it here in the lake counties of WI and it blows. it's "up to 10% Ethanol". The regular is only like 3%, but the 93 is the full 10. It really sucks because it lowers your mileage even more. With my AMG I was blowing 18lbs of boost on 10:1 compression and I needed 93 minimum. After a trip up north I had to get octane boost because the premium was only 90 octane. The car ran so much better that about half the time I ran regular and half a can of boost on each fill-up. It was even money and I got about 2-3 MPG better. Don't know if it would help the Abarth mileage; but it's an option; especially if you're in an E10 area.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Here in Florida ALL automotive gasoline is infused with 'up to 10% ethanol'. In my 2012 Sport I switched to 87 octane because I discovered I got better gas mileage. My theory was there was less ethanol in the 87 octane than in the 93. With the 'huff n puff' I only use 93.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Do you have E10 fuel out there? We have it here in the lake counties of WI and it blows. it's "up to 10% Ethanol". The regular is only like 3%, but the 93 is the full 10. It really sucks because it lowers your mileage even more. With my AMG I was blowing 18lbs of boost on 10:1 compression and I needed 93 minimum. After a trip up north I had to get octane boost because the premium was only 90 octane. The car ran so much better that about half the time I ran regular and half a can of boost on each fill-up. It was even money and I got about 2-3 MPG better. Don't know if it would help the Abarth mileage; but it's an option; especially if you're in an E10 area.
Most if not all here are the "up to 10%" deal here as well. :(

In Canada Shell V-Power Premium doesn't have any ethanol, not sure about here in the US but that is what I use almost exclusively.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Most all the gas around here is "up to10% ethanol" The reason I asked about the different hoses for different grade fuels is because when you go to put gas in your car you are going to get at least a gal of whatever grade fuel was pumped by the last user if on a single hose dispenser. Figure it out, the actual pumps are in the storage tanks. From there it is run to a manifold/ switching valve at the pump. From this valve to the nozzle will be filled with fuel of the grade the last person pumped.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts