Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all,

Graham from Shifteck here. We have just finished up some projects here at the shop (BMW 135/335 shifter and shifter for the new 2011 Mustang 5.0) and are ready to move onto our next project.

Thanks and look forward to being part of the community.

Graham

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can guarantee that we will significantly beat TWM's price. I guess the biggest question is how important to everyone is price? We can create a full 1-piece billet aluminum piece if people want, but it's going to be BIG $$$. But, I think that a shifter in the $175ish range (with an introductory price of maybe $150ish) would be pretty good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Why not design it both ways, and let the market decide.
The design will be the same. The manufacturing process won't. And, unfortunately, we aren't B&M sized where we can make different versions for the same car (until/if this shifter starts selling like hotcakes)

Additionally, it appears that many are already balking about $300 for a shifter, so I doubt a $500+ one would be well-received.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Would this also reduce side-to-side?
Lateral movement is generally eliminated with all short shifters. It's a combination of shortening the shifter shaft and using more "solid" materials.

I can't get into specifics of what our shifter will be because we haven't even started looking. This is merely to gauge whether or not the market would be receptive to a $175ish shifter for us to spend the time looking into it.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Lateral movement is generally eliminated with all short shifters. It's a combination of shortening the shifter shaft and using more "solid" materials.

I can't get into specifics of what our shifter will be because we haven't even started looking. This is merely to gauge whether or not the market would be receptive to a $175ish shifter for us to spend the time looking into it.
Start developing!! I'm still 6 months away from replacing my shifter unless an amazing deal comes out

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
175 would be a great price point! Count me in. How far down the road would we be looking ? Want to get one in march

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hi all,

Graham from Shifteck here. We have just finished up some projects here at the shop (BMW 135/335 shifter and shifter for the new 2011 Mustang 5.0) and are ready to move onto our next project.

So, before we go head-on into this new project, we wanted to gauge interest in it. What we would be looking at is a shifter with a 25-35% throw reduction (we won't know until we start) with our standard lifetime warranty at a retail price point of $175 or less.

So, is anyone interested? (If the mods approve, we could probably even do an introductory GB as the time gets closer)

Heres some pics of some of the other shifters that we manufacture:

Thanks and look forward to being part of the community.

Graham
Here, Here!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Count me in!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I will go for a short shifter sometime in the next three months, but I don't yet know which one I would buy. I'd pay a bit more for quality, but how much I can't say yet. I'll want feedback from users first on installability, smoothness, effort, and throw length. Will our favorite vendor/installers be able to sell these or will you sell direct only?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I will go for a short shifter sometime in the next three months, but I don't yet know which one I would buy. I'd pay a bit more for quality, but how much I can't say yet. I'll want feedback from users first on installability, smoothness, effort, and throw length. Will our favorite vendor/installers be able to sell these or will you sell direct only?

Well, I can tell you that ours will be quality. In over 7 years of making shifters, we've only had 3 come back for quality issues (EVER). We also offer a no-questions lifetime warranty on our shifters, which we wouldn't do if we had questions about the quality of them.

As far as selling them, we prefer to do wholesale, so if you ask your "favorite" vendor to sell them, they should step up to the plate. We offer good wholesale margins for our wholesale customers. The only reason we would do direct sales is for an introductory GB. If you check out our website, you can see that it's not really setup as a webstore.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts