Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m in Australia for the past 3mths my 2013 Abarth has been having issues moving from 1st or reverse. The car just won’t move . Eventually when it does after several attempts it runs perfectly .Diagnostics were done . First fault was brake sensor that was replaced and initial issue continued. Second time it showed transmission fluid low , it was drained cleaned and replaced. Again the initial issue continued. Third time the transmission fluid tank was replaced and the issue still continues “ the car won’t move or engage gears “. Diagnostic shows no faults. Spent hours researching and saw the Recall on the transmission issues. Australia was not included in the recall. I’ve had 3 mechanics who deal with fiat and can’t understand why the issue is continuing. I’ve checked all forums and have read so many are having this exact issue but are abroad not here in Australia. Fiat dealership here are going to do another diagnostic check . I’ve spent $1200 so far. Can anyone please share some advise as I can’t seem to find any outcome of the others than are experiencing the same problem.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does it move in 2nd gear?
No gears would engage since I posted this .
My abarth had dual logistics. We took the chance and replaced the clutch $4500. Then 4 days later same issue press button to change gear from N to first or reverse it just doesn’t register. Back to the mechanics and the computer shows fault TRANSMISSION SENSOR.. $700 later it’s clicking into gear but not straight away. I’m devastated $6900 in 7mths and it’s bs to get knowledge to rectify this issue. I see other posts on here with same situation but no outcome results.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts