Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Happy to have found this section of the forum. I bought my little guy, Ozzie (a Blue Sport) in Sept. It's my first car and I was wondering what I should do to get it ready for winter. I ended up buying the winter tire package from the dealer, since I do a fair number of trips from TO to Ottawa, but besides that I haven't done much else. Today, I was thinking of getting an outdoor cover for it. I have street parking and truth be told, I'm not handling the idea of him buried in snow very well. Thoughts? Basically, I'm just wondering what other owners do to prepare for our winters.

thanks!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I made sure to wax my Fiat thoroughly before winter to allow the snow to come off more easily. Keeping the block heater plugged in when possible helps too. A car cover seems like it'd be more hassle than its worth and difficult to remove when covered in snow.

I also find RainX works really well on the windows. The also have an anti fogger for the inside of the windows. I haven't tried that but I intend to.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I made sure to wax my Fiat thoroughly before winter to allow the snow to come off more easily. Keeping the block heater plugged in when possible helps too. A car cover seems like it'd be more hassle than its worth and difficult to remove when covered in snow.

I also find RainX works really well on the windows. The also have an anti fogger for the inside of the windows. I haven't tried that but I intend to.
I agree, I got a cover and its a real pain in the *** to constantly take off and on..even in the summer. I got a good set of winter tires and so far here in Edmonton AB we have gotten a decent amount of snow and its been around -20 the past couple of days and no problems

·
Registered
166 Posts
I am still waiting for my Pirelli snows to arrive but so far the stock Conti's have been not so bad and yes we have snow and -20C weather now too. Luckily for me I have heated underground parking and only need to park it outside a couple days a week at work so stays pretty safe and warm but I need to get some good mats still. I am not sure I would go for a cover as it can be a major hassle and try to be gentle with the snow brush as it can wreak havoc on your paint!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts