Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else but me getting tired of the story on the home page about the 3 star crash rating? It's been there since December 9th. Time for something a little more positive about our great little Fiat 500. I am almost at the point if you can't say something good about the car, then don't say anything. In spite of all the negative stories, I still love my 500 Cabrio.

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
You got to live with the good and bad. Just enjoy your car. I don't think anyone is going to trade their cars in cause of that post.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have to agree with nero. I have been following this forum since we took delivery of our 500c a few months ago in hopes of getting some tips, hearing about performance upgrades, as well as learning more about peoples objective experiences with the car, both good and bad. I guess in a nutshell, I was hoping to participate in a site for Fiat enthusiasts, with my goal being able to join the Fiat community and contribute my own 2 cents on occasion. Maybe it's just me, but too many of the threads seem to veer off topic and degrade pretty quickly into the same old emotional trash talking rhetoric. I realize that this kind of dialogue is usually driven by a small minority, but I guess I was personally looking for information in this forum that is more informative, objective and constructive. If we do happen to have an issue with the car, this is a great forum to voice it and hopefully gain insight into how to best resolve it, but I personally hope we can have a constructive dialogue about the inevitable issues without immediately making the jump into attack mode. We love our 500c. And no, we don't have our head in the sand. The car it is not without a minor wrinkle or two, but hey, I did not spend Mercedes SL money for the car. I don't expect my dealer to treat me like I spent $115k for the car. I do however expect them to honor what they committed to, and they have. At 5k+ miles we love the car more now than the first day we bought it. Sorry to ramble, but this is our forum to either build into a great and informative Fiat enthusiasts site, or turn it into just another site for the "It's Us versus Them" (whoever them is) folks. I will get off my soapbox now. It's 65 degrees out and we are going to put the top down, crank up the Bose, turn on a little heat and go cruising.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I agree.......I'm tired of seeing it too. not that I'm wanting to see only the GOOD news about our 500's, but should a person come to the forum for info on the car, its the very first thing they see.

it might be scaring off some potential owners before they read all the GOOD aspects of the FIAT. I hope the administrator considers our request and removes it from the 'home page'. :)

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
65 degrees? Its 34 here and the top is partially down,lol.

·
Registered
75 Posts
AutoGuide.com is a network of niche automotive forums created, owned and managed by a corporation (VerticalScope Inc.). They do this to generate ad revenue. As members, we are the audience which AutoGuide.com offers up to paying advertisers. The site is crafted such that whenever AutoGuide.com posts up a FIAT related article it automatically posts it to the fiat500owners.com home page and creates a forum thread about it. It's a clever idea. Too bad the implementation isn't better. The articles are written by amateurs and they lack credibility/readership outside the AutoGuide.com family of websites. The quality of the data stream would be better for the forum users if the feed was from Autoblog or Inside Line or Jalopnik instead but that would conflict with AutoGuide.com's business goals.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Is anyone else but me getting tired of the story on the home page about the 3 star crash rating? It's been there since December 9th. Time for something a little more positive about our great little Fiat 500. I am almost at the point if you can't say something good about the car, then don't say anything. In spite of all the negative stories, I still love my 500 Cabrio.
Agreed. That should go!

·
Registered
196 Posts
I never actually visit the home page - I come straight to the forums. Won't it update when another big story breaks? The NAIAS should generate something. I suspect we'll get the official Abarth price list, for one thing.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
They land spacecraft on the moon by crashing it down with airbags. This car has seven, and was engineered in the 21st century. I still say, and will say over and over and over again, driver error trumps everything else. If it were 5 stars, it would be foolproof, right?

P.S. I have asked them to change the page, let's see what happens.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They land spacecraft on the moon by crashing it down with airbags. This car has seven, and was engineered in the 21st century. I still say, and will say over and over and over again, driver error trumps everything else. If it were 5 stars, it would be foolproof, right?

P.S. I have asked them to change the page, let's see what happens.
Thank you. It's nice to know that someone is listening.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I never actually visit the home page - I come straight to the forums. Won't it update when another big story breaks? The NAIAS should generate something. I suspect we'll get the official Abarth price list, for one thing.
I too don't visit the main page and just come to the forums directly, hadn't noticed it till it was mentioned here, I'd say it would be nice to see a more positive message but I understand this being sent via an automatic posting via the AutoGuide network. It'd be nice to see the Road Race Sema car on there I think, really show the options and potential this car has for the enthusiasts which is a large part of the member base for this and any car forum.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't care that much about the safety. Although I would like for them to issue a recall for the seat rails. Considering my other vehicle choice was a Ducati, the Fiat is ridiculously safe.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
good to see a positive story on the home page. thanks to the forum and FIAT for issuing a new story! LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts