Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
I don't think the glove box has a light. Hey, where did you get your 500 (Kelly?). I stopped by the studio this evening and Patrick indicated that they have deposits on several Abarth's. I mentioned a spring rally and he indicated that the manager was interested and was going to reach out to the Portland, Worcester, Springfield and the Hyannis (new store not open yet), Providence, and Hartford stores to see if there is any interest?

·
Registered
13,619 Posts
No light. Thing of the past. The USB, and Aux do light up, when you switch on the key, for a moment.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Nope no light in there. Im working on wiring a 6 inch LED strip inside hooked to a switch so it will work like it should have from the factory. I also used a 12 inch strip wired and mounted in the trunk cause the light back there is a joke. Ill be posting a DIY for that soon.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Nope no light in there. Im working on wiring a 6 inch LED strip inside hooked to a switch so it will work like it should have from the factory. I also used a 12 inch strip wired and mounted in the trunk cause the light back there is a joke. Ill be posting a DIY for that soon.
I look forward to that! I need a few projects for spring! One thing I'd like to address is a lack of lighting in the rear of the car. Getting my son in and out of his car seat with no light back there is a pain in the arse!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Here's our cheap yet efficient fix for the lack of glove box light:
http://www.fiat500owners.com/forum/...n-forum/2359-what-annoys-you-3.html#post21474
...had to put an LED light in there.

We did exactly the same thing.
We used one of the ones with a magnetic switch, and we used body moulding tape in order to keep the light attached to the glove compartment.

Bought the car in Sept. 2011 and this lil fix is still working wonderfully. :)

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
I like that pin switch idea, I went to my local autozone/pepboys and RadioShack with no luck, where would I find one of those switches?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think the glove box has a light. Hey, where did you get your 500 (Kelly?). I stopped by the studio this evening and Patrick indicated that they have deposits on several Abarth's. I mentioned a spring rally and he indicated that the manager was interested and was going to reach out to the Portland, Worcester, Springfield and the Hyannis (new store not open yet), Providence, and Hartford stores to see if there is any interest?
Yep! They were great. I am interested in a meet!

·
Premium Member
22,120 Posts
I like that pin switch idea, I went to my local autozone/pepboys and RadioShack with no luck, where would I find one of those switches?

RadioShack or any other electronic type shop and probably even a dealer ship may have this type of switch (if you know what car utilizes one of course). Or you can get one cheaply online if no local electronics are in your local area.

·
Registered
13,619 Posts

Go to any auto salvage yard. Lots of different switches to choice from. Some of the old Chrysler product, have a switch and light built. Search the web for automotive glove box switches.

Go to Ebay, BWM glove box switches

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Found a bunch of good switches just searching ebay for a sec, I was surprised i didn't find these at autozone/pepboys or radioshack. Maybe they just weren't on the aisles in the auto zone/pepboys situation

1 - 20 of 21 Posts