Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had their side skirts on their sports fallen off?
I can't believe they thought gluing them on was a good idea..
Has anyone gone back to the dealers to get a replacement and i wonder if they will come up with a better idea.. One side on my car is definetly coming loose. Very annoying!!

·
Registered
765 Posts
The big issue with glue is that not only do you have to use a very high quality glue (think of the temp differentials your car may experience and that glue must still be strong and somewhat pliable), but also that application is so critical...too much or too little and its going to fail.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well you can add my car to the list, the drivers side rocker is coming loose by the LR wheel, just peeling away. My Smart Brabus did the same thing. Oh well off to the dealers we go.

·
Registered
13,619 Posts
I saw a misaligned one on a yellow sport, at the dealership. Rear section was off a little off. Take it in its, under warranty.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so I took it in, they removed the skirt, cleaned off the area and applied new tape/glue.

im sitting at 6500 KMS ( 4000 miles)​

·
Registered
149 Posts
Plenty of body parts are held on with adhesive/tape; fender flares, spoilers, door trim, etc. It works great if you use quality stuff and prepare the surface properly. In my case it looks like they didn't, because there is a gap opening up at the corner of the drivers door. I'll call the dealer tomorrow and set up an appointment.

·
Registered
65 Posts
had to call fiat to get fix today they put two new ones on car miles 3000 on car but i had to call fiat shop said that how they are !!! them fiat fix me up and more :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts