Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm driving to Toronto today. Round trip will be about 1000km. I'll have put 2000km on my car in the two weeks I've had it haha! Wish me luck!:D

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'll keep an eye out for that beauty when you enter the city.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aaaaand I'm back.
I made sure to tape up the front end with the goood stuff hehe;)

I got a lot of looks in Toronto, and didn't see another 500. A lot of questions and thumbs up. 3 different people actually pulled up next to me on the highway and honked just to tell me they liked the car.:p

All in all, almost 1000km put on it this weekend, the little 500 didn't miss a beat. Even coming back with heavy rain and limited visibility, the car was very solid, stable and comfortable. Fantastic zipping through the city streets downtown, and excellent cruising all the way home on the highway.

I love this car!!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, and I averaged between 6.1 and 6.3 L/100km (37-38mpg) using cruise control.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
GREAT TO HEAR! we just got back from a 700 mile round trip, Indy to St Louis and back. unfortunately didn't have my 500 yet. we took the wifes Prius. nice car.....just not ME! :(

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
ok, I give......must be a generational thing or something. what's the blue tape on the front of your cars? I understand the purpose, just never seen it on a car other than those on transports coming from the factory.

where can you get it? how much? etc... :confused:

·
Registered
72 Posts
It's just blue painters tape, comes off without leaving much if any residue. For new or newly painted show cars it's an inexpensive way to protect the paint from rock chips when taking a long road trip. I've seen it done to where wall forawrd panels are completely covered but that's a bit much.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I friend of mine drove his VW Rabbit down to a big VW show in Ocean City MD 2 years ago. He taped up the entire front half of the car for the 10 hour trip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts