Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am looking to purchase a used 500 Abarth as my first car. But after observing for a week, I found the price around my area to be pretty high. Either they are good condition with 15k+ on the carvana/ carmax or cheap but aged interior. I have found forums for few years back where people can purchase brand new abarth for 15k? How was it possible? The only good one that looks like new is 18k+ Without all the processing fees and taxes. Are there any tricks to getting a good price abarth?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I have managed to find a few good deals out there, now just need to factoring the bogus fees and delivery fees… ;) I came upon this one in particular. The interior and mileage looks superb, however the carfax reports is a little bit confusing. It had an rear collision history and was labeled a lemon for dead battery/rattling doors/odor. Have your heard of anything like this happened to Abarth in the forum? What questions do you suggest for asking the dealer? granted that I cant test drive it? Should I get a third party inspection for peace of mind?

·
Registered
Nor-Cal PRK
117 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently purchased a 15 Ab from Vroom cash and it was a huge hassle. The car was 13,880 and ended costing 18K after fees, shipping, taxes, smog (love CA). The car was damaged somewhere in transit and I still have no resolution to that problem. Not wanting to scare you off. The car is a ton of fun so far (still want to mod some things). Just wanting to give you fair warning. The 7 day "test drive" is a bit bogus, they will charge you a dollar for every mile over 250 and you forfeit the delivery fee if you return it.

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500 Abarth manual
7 Posts
Hi all,
I am looking to purchase a used 500 Abarth as my first car. But after observing for a week, I found the price around my area to be pretty high. Either they are good condition with 15k+ on the carvana/ carmax or cheap but aged interior. I have found forums for few years back where people can purchase brand new abarth for 15k? How was it possible? The only good one that looks like new is 18k+ Without all the processing fees and taxes. Are there any tricks to getting a good price abarth?
I’m in Naples Florida with a 2017 fiat 500 white abarth I’ll sell you mine

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 29k miles on a bone-stock 2012 Abarth in perfect condition that I would sell for $12.5k. Black, black leather, 17" wheels + stock 16".

·
Registered
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth with some Madness Goodies
45 Posts
I recently purchased a 15 Ab from Vroom cash and it was a huge hassle. The car was 13,880 and ended costing 18K after fees, shipping, taxes, smog (love CA). The car was damaged somewhere in transit and I still have no resolution to that problem. Not wanting to scare you off. The car is a ton of fun so far (still want to mod some things). Just wanting to give you fair warning. The 7 day "test drive" is a bit bogus, they will charge you a dollar for every mile over 250 and you forfeit the delivery fee if you return it.

Ouch man!!! I just got a 2013 with 40,000 miles for $6,000. All those fee’s I would have backed off for sure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wrigs I feel your pain. I had a similar issue with Carvana, but they take the car back and give you ALL your $ back. See "adventures in remote car buying". Their "inspection" is a joke, or they have terribly low standards.

Carfax is also a joke, the Fiat I bought (and sent back) had no reported accidents but had clearly been rapped in the nose hard enough to crack the radiator. My daily, a Regal GS has also had mucho body work, no accidents reported to Carfax. I'll never trust them again.

I found an interesting car on Vroom, but after my experience with Carvana I figured there was no way I was going to spend $600 (non-refundable delivery fee) for a test drive.

Caveat emptor, but it's tough when you can't touch it, for that reason alone I would not use Vroom.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts