Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, a lot of people come to forums because they have a problem to resolve, so I suppose it's not surprising we have a long Bad Studio thread. But in the interest of balance, I thought we should have a thread to call out the *good* studios too.

Bought my Sport at Brookdale Fiat in Minneapolis (Brooklyn Park, MN to be more precise). The sales team were very friendly, low pressure, and extremely helpful. At times it became clear I knew more about some specifics than they did, but they really did know the car very well. Unlike most dealers in the Twin Cities, they didn't insist on coming along for the test drive, and were helpful in identifying all the 500s in the Twin Cities that matched our requirements. The one I wanted was at the Bloomington Studio (run by the same group) and so they drove it up for us. They weren't pushy, they were great with our seven-year-old, and the made the whole process easy. They gave us a thorough walk-through of the vehicle and helped me turn off the hill start and the seat belt chime before leaving the dealership.

Justin in service also appears to be great so far - really low key and knowledgeable, he has a bit of the Maytag repairman aura around the fact that he clearly isn't very busy. He did a thorough job when I had him install the block heater, his recommendations aren't geared toward extracting as much money as possible, and he was quick.

They've told me to come back and test drive their Abarth when they get it, and are eager to become the Alfa dealer when the first Alfas arrive - they said they expect it to be spring 2013. They don't seem very busy so I hope they aren't struggling too much until the models available ramp up. I know they're connected to the nearby Chrysler dealership, and I wonder if maybe they're driving the cars over there for service, but they handle everything as a standalone dealer so it's not clear how much support they're getting. They're good people.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had a good experience on Thursday. My Pop went in to Bob & Chuck Eddy's Fiat for it's first service. It's a long established Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealership in Austintown, OH. The Studio was built as a separate building and the service area is in the older, larger part. I had some fears that my Fiat concerns might get lost in there. But, they replaced my lug wrench, took care of the near universal front door hinge loosening and gave it two software updates without me even asking (I said nothing deliberately). So, a very good experience. And, those things were the only things they had to do - everything else was fine after six months.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yes WEAR IT!
On these cold winter mornings, I WOULD LIKE THE OPTION to start the engine first and get it warming up, along with the heated seats, BEFORE I struggle with the sometimes temperamental seat belt... and WITHOUT the mandatory annoyance of what seems to be an unusually long but in any event A-N-N-O-Y-I-N-G-L-Y pitched beep.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Tell me about the software updates. My dealer never mentioned this at my service visits.
Well, I know one was to fix the clock time and the other I'm not sure. On my service sheet it appears the code for them is "RRT", if you want to look at yours and see if they did them.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
On these cold winter mornings, I WOULD LIKE THE OPTION to start the engine first and get it warming up, along with the heated seats, BEFORE I struggle with the sometimes temperamental seat belt... and WITHOUT the mandatory annoyance of what seems to be an unusually long but in any event A-N-N-O-Y-I-N-G-L-Y pitched beep.
As long as you don't drive while it heats up it won't beep, also I think (NOT CERTAIN) you can go under 10MPH without beeping, possibly somehow also distance related but I never went far personally.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You can turn off the seat belt chime? DETAILS, PLEASE!
Well, on my car it's just an option in the EVIC - something like Seatbelt chime - ON/OFF. I always use my seat belt - even going from the front of my house to the garage - so just to verify it, I chose a long strip of road and took off my seat belt for a good five miles, with some stops and starts yesterday; while the light stays lit, there's no chime. Other chimes do happen.

I did some looking, and it looks like the option is disabled by default on American cars - but the dealer can make the option available. Apparently they did so on my car. They then showed me the EVIC menu item to turn it off. I recommend asking your dealer about it. It's not about not wanting to wear a seat belt - it's about not having an annoying bell nannying me.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Well, on my car it's just an option in the EVIC - something like Seatbelt chime - ON/OFF. I always use my seat belt - even going from the front of my house to the garage - so just to verify it, I chose a long strip of road and took off my seat belt for a good five miles, with some stops and starts yesterday; while the light stays lit, there's no chime. Other chimes do happen. I did some looking, and it looks like the option is disabled by default on American cars - but the dealer can make the option available. Apparently they did so on my car. They then showed me the EVIC menu item to turn it off. I recommend asking your dealer about it. It's not about not wanting to wear a seat belt - it's about not having an annoying bell nannying me.
Good to know, I knew I hadn't seen the option so now I know why, I prefer to crank the car before I buckle up, turn on the radio, turn Sport mode on, and adjust temps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts