Fiat 500 Forum banner

Got my first mods in the mail today

5K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  lorvar 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
*Mods please move if this is in the wrong section, wasn't sure where to put it....Hey all, I received my Hideaway plate mount and stubby antenna, Big thanks to 500Madness for the quick shipping I was kind of bummed not to find any 500Madness stickers/plate covers in my package.. oh wells...

I installed the stubby antenna and it looks great! heres some comparison pick for those of you that are wondering, Makes a pretty big difference in my opinion and install is super simple!

Haven't figured out the whole jacking point thing, so I'm not sure if I want to risk using my floor jack, I might just cave and diy and build a wood ramp.Where are you guys jacking up your cars from? I see the arrows on the side skirts, and what seems to be like jacking point right after the front wheels, but I'm not sure where to put my jack stands, so until I figure out how to safely jack her up the plate install is on hold...

***UPDATED PICTURES ON PAGE TWO***

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: 500 MADNESS
#3 ·
not sure, screwed on fine, havent taken her out for a drive, they better or I am returning mine!

Heading out for the night now, will test it out and let you know!

#12 ·
Hey guys,

Sorry for the really f'd formatting on the post, tried to fix it but that didn't work out to well.....

Anyways thanks for the replies, the stubby antenna works perfectly fine with the Sirius and looks wicked As far as the plate delete goes, my car came stock with no holes in the bumper/plate mount (Quebec car) so I figured I would order the manual hideaway, for pictures and when I'm washing her. So I have been trying to dodge the piggies the whole time I've had the car!

For those of you who use/have used a floor jack can you please post some detailed pictured of the jacking points and where you're putting your jack stands???

#15 ·
We dont use a front plate in the great state of SC . My Abarth doesnt have sirus will it have an antenna on top? does that stubby take much to change?

#16 ·
I believe you will have the antenna up top, however the base will be smaller in size, not sure on the actual antenna size.

The install is very simple, a cloth, pair of pliers and a couple allen keys, and you're good to go!

#17 · (Edited)
4X4 Mode!!

So I will be going off-roading in the coming weeks and decided to raise the cars height! heres how she sits now....

Land vehicle Vehicle Alloy wheel Car Wheel

:Dlol just jacked her up to install the front plate mount, heres how it came out! sorry for the close up picture will get better pics asap, actually had it installed closer to the fog light assembly but I didn't like it there.

Retracted and "everyday mode"

Land vehicle Vehicle City car Car Fiat 500
Land vehicle Vehicle Car City car Fiat 500

Oh and I got bored and decided to take a can of Krylon Fusion to my spare key's cover, It's not very durable and I will be getting a set of new covers soon, but like I said I was bored and it's my spare key...

Vehicle Car City car Family car
Keychain Technology Electronic device Finger Fashion accessory

#18 ·
let us know on the stubby. long term...i live near lots of hills...take the canyons to work....awesome drive.....
and a little fearful of this low cost mod for fear of losing my morning am radio station...got to hear Rome in the morning

#19 ·
The stubby is working great, AM reception seems like it has improved too!

#22 ·
Great looking car! yeah I'm not a fan of the stock plate mounting bracket, love the way mine looks when I have the plate retracted

#23 ·
Knowing has bothered. me even though you are required to have two plates.

I never run two plates. My last new car a 2000 Maxima I requested no plate as well. I was lucky because all the other Fiats in the lot had plate mounts already on them. They just did get to mine before I got to them. lol.

They did manage to get the dealer logo stickered on the back which I will remove this summer.

Sent from my Argento 500

#24 ·
A number of other provinces don't require front plates, it's about time Ontario wakes up to the fact you don't really need them. I was able to run my RX-8 without front plates for about a year and a half but then got pulled over while a cop was doing his laser radar checks on the road. I got a ticket for not having the plate but I took it to court and they dropped it with a warning. I ended up putting my plate back on after that. I've heard the cops use the front plate to aim the laser radar gun at but who knows.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.