Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Just bought a Fiat 500 Sport.

Love it except having a hard time with the Bose USB functionality!

Somehow, no matter what settings i set, it never stays that way and just plays random music from random folders. Never continues where it left off.

Anyone else have this problem?

Besides this, I love this car!

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
CONGRATS and Welcome to the forum!

can't say I've had any problems with my stereo but I've not downloaded anything or used the USB port yet.

been too hot out to just go sit in the driveway and "play" with Gumby. :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I know what you mean. I had USB capability in my previous vehicle though so I really wanted to check it out right away. Do let me know if you have the same problem because it would suck if it's 'working as designed'!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never even got an owners manual for the sound system. It's simple to use but it would be nice to get confirmation about how it works instead of hoping that it's working right. In my case, I think the dealership is the main problem. I feel like I adopted a child from a bad foster home!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
my stereo has the same problem - if I leave it on FM or OFF when I turn the car off, it will invariably play a random song shortly after starting it. If anyone is in the car with me, they're usually a little surprised (especially since I have a diverse mix of music in there, so you never know if it'll be goth, hip hop, riot grrl, trance or indie pop), but I usually just tell them that that's what the ghost wanted to hear while I change it from the steering wheel controls...

hoping this bug gets fixed when I take it in to have the CPU updated

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi strangelove... I kind of figured something out... Seems to work for me anyway... Go to the USB settings and disable autoplay. Then, remove the USB stick and plug it in again. After I did this, if I was listening to a cd or radio before turning the engine off, it continues playing the cd or radio instead of the USB. Not impressed but seems to work.

·
Registered
24 Posts
thanks, I'll try that... i've seen "autoplay" but didn't even think to see if i could disable - they really need to put out an owner's manual for the radio

otherwise, how else is your new Sport treating you?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts