Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do we have one? Anyone interested and if you are, let me know what and I'll try to get one organized.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pretty sure you would need the blessing of mods / venders
I would agree. I have a vendor in mind, just need to talk to the mod for rules.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, so I've discussed the rules with the powers, so lets get it going and keep it at the top of the topics list. What parts would you be willing to buy for your car? If we get enough responses, the vendors should chime in and help out.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Top of my list is a anti-sway bar. Only one I know working on that is RRM, but others could be as well. After that, I'll add some horses when I save up for them.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Top of my list is a anti-sway bar. Only one I know working on that is RRM, but others could be as well. After that, I'll add some horses when I save up for them.
THIS. Even if it's just a rear.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
166 Posts
Would be interested to see what kind of group buys the vendors may want to offer, and a rear sway should be a fantastic addition to this car!!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
keep this thread going so we can get the best deals from vendors.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'd like to get Coil overs, CAI, Exhaust, and I'd love to find some Abarth rims.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so coilovers and swaybars seem to rule

·
Registered
117 Posts
I will definitely be ordering the front license plate mounting bracket and the drop-in air filter element from 500 Madness. If you end up doing a group buy on those I'd be in immediately.

·
Registered
453 Posts
speaking of front plate mounts... I looked into the options out there other than the OEM holder. Unfortunately, in WA state, not only does there need to be a front plate, but also it needs to be NO LESS than 12" off the ground. The holder on 500madness and elsewhere are way too low. I ended up getting an OEM holder from the dealer, and using 3m tape to mount it to the bumper. He pulled it right off a car in the showroom to give to me, 'cus my salesgirl dropped the ball on getting one out for me before hand. Anyway... the holes left in the bumper of that car were truly disturbing to see. It's too bad WA has to have the stupid front plate law in the first place, but also that Fiat wasn't able to come up with a better solution than that. :(

The tape is working really well, though. Only problem was I had to warm up the parts to get it to stick properly :)

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bumpity bump

·
Registered
117 Posts
Unfortunately, in WA state, not only does there need to be a front plate, but also it needs to be NO LESS than 12" off the ground.
Where did you find this regulation? I've looked through the statutes and cannot find anything other that the requirement to display license plates issues...

·
Registered
453 Posts
when I googled "wa front license plate" I got the actual statute on the DOL site, and after a few sentences about the plate needing to be there, it mentions the height requirement.

That said, I've seen plenty of WA plates on the road much lower than that, especially on lowered and tuned cars. It's unlikely you'll get ticketed for a low plate like you might for no plate. But, if you piss off the cop, well, all bets are off, and he could get you for that if he wanted to.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts