Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I wanted to make this guide due to the lack of Fiat 500e and 500 aftermarket stereo upgrade guides. I personally pulled my hair trying to figure out every issue there was based on other peoples cars, no car is simply the same.

This guide will help those who are beginners to upgrade their factory stereo to something like an Alpine. I personally used the Alpine ilx-w650.
DO NOTE: MY SOLUTIONS MAY BE INCORRECT OR NEED REVISING. MY SOLUTION WORKS FOR MY EXPERIENCE.

Parts Used:

Connectors/wires:

AX-USB-MINIB AX-USB-MINIB | Axxess Integrate (USB adapter to connect to in-vehicle USB connector)
Axxess AX-ADDCAM-CH6 AX-ADDCAM-CH6 | Axxess Integrate (wiring harness)
PAC TR1 Amazon.com: PAC TR1 Video Lockout Bypass Trigger Module: Gilded Inc. (Lockout Bypass for Parking Break)

Using the wiring harness which is also similar to the dodge chaser and chrysler 300. Dodge Charger (2015-2017) RJ4/VP4 UConnect Head Unit pinout diagram @ pinoutguide.com (Pinout guide for reference NOT EXACTLY THE SAME CABLES)
The wiring harness includes connectors to pair with additional Axxess parts. I just cut the harness to receive the FEMALE end of the cable. The car factory cable connects using a MALE connector.

(Factory connector from Fiat 500e 2017)

(Pin-Out Diagram for Fiat 500e 2017 Factory Radio)

This forum might help Radio pinout

Accessories/Retention:

Axxess Metra ASWC-1 Universal Car OEM Steering Wheel Control Interface ASWC-1 | Axxess Integrate (Allows retention of steering wheel controls such as volume, skip, source change and voice activation)
Metra 40-EU55 European Fakra Amplified Antenna Adapter, Single Connector Metra Part # 40-EU55 | Aftermarket Antenna | Metra Online (Retains vehicle radio antenna) USE WHITE CONNECTOR FROM VEHICLE
Metra 95-6544B Double Din Radio Install Dash Kit for Fiat 500 (Car Stereo Trim/Mount)

(Alpine Radio Connection diagram)

CONNECTIONS:
These are the connections I used:
ALPINE : CAR HARNESS/ACCESSORY
REMO(blue/white): Connected to Blue/white on PAC TR1. Connected to Pin 41 RADIO ON.
REVERSE(orange/white): NOT CONNECTED (No backup camera)
P.ANT(Blue): Connected to Blue wire on Antenna Adapter.
PARKING BRAKE(Yellow/Blue): Connected to Yellow/Black on PAC TR1.
ACC(Red): Connected to Pin 44 (Connected with 12v Yellow) DO NOTE: FIAT 500e 2017 Ignition uses computer signals! STEREO WILL STAY ON EVEN WHEN CAR IS OFF. Install a Single Throw-Single Pole to turn off fully)

BATT(Yellow): Connected to Pin 44
GND(Black): Hooked to Metal Bolt On Car Chasis.
AXXESS Steering Wheel Control Cable Connections:
RED: Connect to 12v from Pin 44
PINK: Connect to pin 2
BLUE/PINK: Connect to pin 12
3.4mm Jack: Connect to SWC Input on Stereo
https://metradealer.com/files/aswc/ASWC-1_INST_201.pdf (Fiat 500e 2015)

USING PRE OUT CABLE(I did this as using the power cable for Speaker Connections gave hissing and overpowered the factory car amp causing hissing and extremely loud volume)

FRONT OUT: WHITE is LEFT... RED is RIGHT. (Using a bare wire to Male RCA or stripping the RCA to expose the white and red wire.
Connect White to Pin 47 and ground to Pin 51. Connect Red to Pin 46 and ground to Pin 50.)

REAR OUT: WHITE is LEFT... RED is RIGHT. (Using a bare wire to Male RCA or stripping the RCA to expose the white and red wire.
Connect White to Pin 48 and ground to Pin 52. Connect Red to Pin 45 and ground to Pin 49.)

SUBW Isnt in Fiat 500e 2017 unless you know you have one.

REMAINING GROUND WIRES FROM AXXESS STEERING WHEEL and PAC TR1 can connect to Pin 43 (These are low voltage and can go to factory harness. DO NOT CONNECT HEADUNIT GROUND TO THE SAME WIRE)

Hopefully this helps! This pertains mainly to the Alpine ilx-W650 but might help overall.

REVSIONS AND TIPS GREATLY APPRICIATED.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am curious about ignition and the SPST switch - was the HU visibly always on or did you notice battery drain? My setup is quite different but want to make sure it isn’t going to leave me stranded ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts