Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Fiat 500 “57 Edition”
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my Gumdrop. A 2015 Fiat 500 57Edition. A simple 1.4L matched to a manual 5 speed. I got it out of Jackson, Mississippi and I’ve had it for 1.5 years now. As a truck driver in North Carolina this is my calm after the storm. The only mods I have made is I tinted the windows at 35% all the way around to help protect interior and to make it look uniformed. Ceramic tint is amazing. I have better pictures in the daylight but this is my favorite that I took coming out of a restaurant. My wife understands that this is only my first 500. The next shall be given a more “aggressive touch”. It’s killing me to keep this one as original as possible but that is its charm.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Sleep2Little, you have a sweet ride here. I love the color with the white roof, just too cool.
I'm curious, how much did your ceramic window tint put you back?

As for me, I recently purchased a 2012 500 Sport in red. I'll be making changes to the car, remove the rear seats (no one I know can sit back there anyway). This should provide me with the space to carry a full sized spare and a jack.
I've added a couple of things that are red to match the car, my favorite item so far is my little Elmo backpack which you can see hanging from a hook on the passenger seat.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Love it! The only mod I ever did to my 2012 Lounge is the addition of a 500Madness GoPedal. Worth every cent. I had thought about doing the ceramic tint but as a former commuter, I am now on my 4th windshield. How much did the tint run you and have you noticed it being any cooler in the summer?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Sleep2Little, you have a sweet ride here. I love the color with the white roof, just too cool.
I'm curious, how much did your ceramic window tint put you back?

As for me, I recently purchased a 2012 500 Sport in red. I'll be making changes to the car, remove the rear seats (no one I know can sit back there anyway). This should provide me with the space to carry a full sized spare and a jack.
I've added a couple of things that are red to match the car, my favorite item so far is my little Elmo backpack which you can see hanging from a hook on the passenger seat.
View attachment 112593
I love the red and the wheels. My think is Minions. This is the very first car I have allowed sticker to go on. As for my tint, it was $435 and a lifetime warranty. This shop has beed around for some time. The heat reduction is amazing. I did nothing on the front. Because of the laws in NC it wasn’t worth it. Plus as a truck driver my choices will always be things to not get pulled over for.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It cost me $435. It was almost twice that of normal tint. The heat reduction to me is well worth it. I have a 5 speed manual and I have been thinking about getting a short throw kit from 500madness main for then I have a passenger with me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Love it! The only mod I ever did to my 2012 Lounge is the addition of a 500Madness GoPedal. Worth every cent. I had thought about doing the ceramic tint but as a former commuter, I am now on my 4th windshield. How much did the tint run you and have you noticed it being any cooler in the summer?
It cost me $435. It was almost twice that of normal tint. The heat reduction to me is well worth it. I have a 5 speed manual and I have been thinking about getting a short throw kit from 500madness main for then I have a passenger with me.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I used 3M Crystalline. It was $650 installed including 200 for the windshield. Windshield was eventually damaged by rocks but the same place replaced the windshield under insurance and included the tint.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts