Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone has been waiting or wanting something other than the Eibachs but the H&R offerings appear to be popping up now. The drop is listed as 0.75"F and 1.3"R but not sure if they really look too much differnt from the Pro-kit. I am considering them as my local guy can get them at a good price pretty quick which elements shipping and brokerage for me, and I get a discount ;)

Details and pictures from H&R here.

·
Registered
343 Posts
The Eibach drop looks nice, but you need a billiard-smooth surface to enjoy the ride. Anything less than that, and it's bad... plus, I'm convinced the spring rate does not match the stock dampers. I wish I could explain this better, but the rear is particularly bad. It feels as if the springs were far softer... but I know this is probably not the case.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I think lowering springs with stock struts/shocks is usually a bad idea and in this case we are currently not offered too many other options. I also spent enough on coilovers on my last car to make me choke so I think springs only is going to get a chance at least from me.

I am hopeful H&R will have a CupKit at some point in the future (springs and shocks) I had one on my Smart and it was glorious my only complaint was the day I took them out, but it was being sold.

Looks like I could be the first to give these H&Rs a go, might have them next week.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have coilovers on the way. First set arrives tomorrow :)

We'll be testing them throughout next week. If everything checks out OK the first shipment should arrive in a couple of weeks. Can't say much yet except that they're not Chinese stuff but are affordable :cool:

Also on the way is a prototype set of springs with a 2" drop. Obvously I don't expect much from them with the stock struts but we'll test them anyways for giggles. They'd probably be great in the future with Konis (who we are also trying to work with).

Keep you all posted.

Edit: forgot to add big brake kit also coming in a couple of months!

·
Registered
707 Posts
would love to hear about a C/O kit and the BBK. any idea what size rotors and how big the calipers are? 4pot or 6?

·
Registered
176 Posts
would love to hear about a C/O kit and the BBK. any idea what size rotors and how big the calipers are? 4pot or 6?
13" 2-piece rotors with 4-piston forged calipers. They just passed TÜV approval and should be available around december/january. Price will be in the $1,200's :cool:

Keep you posted!

·
Registered
707 Posts
13" 2-piece rotors with 4-piston forged calipers. They just passed TÜV approval and should be available around december/january. Price will be in the $1,200's :cool:

Keep you posted!
please let me know. I'll be interested in ordering the coilovers and BBK from you if you can provide more details on availability

·
Registered
61 Posts
The Drop with Eibachs So far very comfortable

We trimmed 3/4" off the back bumpstops and installed the Eibach Pro springs. We have them in stock). The ride is very comfortable and the change is only noticed if hitting a speed bump or serious channel at a driveway.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes Level Drop

Great improvement in overall appearance. Hard to tell with dark wheels in the photos but it looks waay better at no sacrifice in ride other than what I mentioned above.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have my H&R springs now, but install will not be till next week as my mechanic is on holidays :(

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I have my H&R springs now, but install will not be till next week as my mechanic is on holidays :(
let us know when you have them on, I'm considering these for our 500C

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Just ordered the H&R's. I prefer to have the car level looking than the raked look of the Eibachs. How can the Eibachs look leveled if the drop is equal all around and the car starts off higher in the back?

Now, here's the issue. I've installed my own coilovers on two different vehicles(Audi and Volvo)with no issues, but I don't want to mess up this car in any way by doing it myself. On the other hand, I can save $250 bucks on the install. GRRR, frustrating. How easy is it on these cars?

1 - 20 of 153 Posts