Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only had two people max in my car [me and my passenger] and the engine and tranny handled perfectly fine. But what about 4 people? Anybody try it out yet? How did it perform?

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Only 3 people. My daughter, and wife are small. Well if you count my chihuahua that would be 4. Need rear floor mats too.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've driven about 35 miles w/ 4 people in the car - myself; wife; step-son & daughter-in-law. Mostly highway. The car felt fine and didn't seem substantially down on power. We had about 700 lbs of passengers & baggage in the car at the time. I think there was room enough in the back for the kids, but they aren't overly large (5-9 & 5-3). They probably could have handled an hour or so more w/o too much complaint if necessary.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
ive driven with my GF and one of her friends which no joke weighs about as much as 2 people. The car is affected by weight very easily since its so lightweight to begin with. Definitley hurt the performance of my car when I have others in my car

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I drove with 3 early-80 year olds. I like cougars. I thought mentioning the age of my passengers related to the question.

·
Registered
148 Posts
In all seriousness, I had 3 of my friends in the car (4 mid-20s guys, 170-230 each) and it was fine. Sure, you lose the rear-view mirror when you have people sitting in the back, but I never felt like the car was out of its element.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I drive with 3-4 adults in my car several times a week. You notice the extra weight quite a bit, but it's ok.

·
Registered
707 Posts
the day of my first test drive that won me over. me, my two buddies and the sales rep. all about 160-180 pounds each. so the car was full and it handled well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts