Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I will be removing them. I will probably get it professionally done. I don't want to risk it.

Those stripes aren't exclusive because anyone can buy them and plus the car looks better without them or some decals lower like the Abarth

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I will be removing them. I will probably get it professionally done. I don't want to risk it.

Those stripes aren't exclusive because anyone can buy them and plus the car looks better without them or some decals lower like the Abarth
I was under the impression Primas were a limited run.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like them on there but they are already showing a little wear and tear. I Do like that my car stands apart from all the other 500's that have blown up in my area in West LA

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I think they are probably easy to remove. I never liked them but got used to them and many people seem to like the stripes. Still, I have thought about it. And yes, now any 500 can have what were supposed to be "exclusive" stripes.

If anyone is thinking of this, do it sooner rather than later...before paints starts to fade.

·
Registered
13,464 Posts
I thought the cars were numbered, up to 500. I wouldn't want to ruin a limited numbered vehicle. Anyone can buy the stripes, but you car has very special run number. Why spoil it. Each to their own I guess. What number is your car?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I thought the cars were numbered, up to 500. I wouldn't want to ruin a limited numbered vehicle. Anyone can buy the stripes, but you car has very special run number. Why spoil it. Each to their own I guess. What number is your car?
This is what I've been mentioning, but nobody is chiming in on this. Your car is a limited run with an assigned number.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I went to my dealer and asked about those side stripes -- no way, not available. They have a similar one that they want $350.00 for, and another $350.00 for the hood stripe.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
This is what I've been mentioning, but nobody is chiming in on this. Your car is a limited run with an assigned number.
True, but taking off the stripes won't change that. I see Primas customized in far more drastic ways. Plus, though it might cost 300-400, it is a "mod" that be easily reversed. Our local dealer does have the prima stripes.

I swapped out the black pocket wheels for regular sport wheels and changed the gray dash on mine to red to match the car. Also, I have the original dash and that can be put back in in less that an hour. ;) That brings me more pleasure than knowing my Prima is "correct." Correct in this case is not to my taste.

I guess that begs the question, "Then why did you get a Prima?" Those who got one may recall that when we ordered, we had little idea how they would look. Even when I found out, right before delivery, I figured may as well get it. With some slight reversable mods I can have a limited edition car to my liking.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
True, but taking off the stripes won't change that. I see Primas customized in far more drastic ways. Plus, though it might cost 300-400, it is a "mod" that be easily reversed. Our local dealer does have the prima stripes.

I swapped out the black pocket wheels for regular sport wheels and changed the gray dash on mine to red to match the car. Also, I have the original dash and that can be put back in in less that an hour. ;) That brings me more pleasure than knowing my Prima is "correct." Correct in this case is not to my taste.

I guess that begs the question, "Then why did you get a Prima?" Those who got one may recall that when we ordered, we had little idea how they would look. Even when I found out, right before delivery, I figured may as well get it. With some slight reversable mods I can have a limited edition car to my liking.
Fair enough. I always think future value should I want to sell it, that's all.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
They are a limited run but it's not anywhere on the vinyl. It is numbered on our dash and other badging on the seats.

·
Registered
145 Posts
They are a limited run but it's not anywhere on the vinyl. It is numbered on our dash and other badging on the seats.
I don't want to disagree with you but, the side stripe that has the digits 5-0-0 are only on the limited first edition and not available for sale. The wide stripe with the checkered pattern at the rear is now what they are selling.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I don't want to disagree with you but, the side stripe that has the digits 5-0-0 are only on the limited first edition and not available for sale. The wide stripe with the checkered pattern at the rear is now what they are selling.

That's what I thought too. But our dealer in Westbury LI has them on non Primas. I'll see if I have better pics somewhere, but if you look at the white car in this line, it has a black stripe. That is a Prima stripe, just like mine. Also one in the showroom (non Prima) had one. I recall thinking, "Wow they have a used Prima on the floor" But then I realized it was a sport with a Prima "500" stripe.

Not sure why my dealer has them and yours does not, but I have seen them up close and personal on non Primas.

And that aside, if one thinks about it, if a Prima got into an accident and the stripe was destroyed, we would be able to replace it.

·
Registered
13,464 Posts
That's what I thought too. But our dealer in Westbury LI has them on non Primas. I'll see if I have better pics somewhere, but if you look at the white car in this line, it has a black stripe. That is a Prima stripe, just like mine. Also one in the showroom (non Prima) had one. I recall thinking, "Wow they have a used Prima on the floor" But then I realized it was a sport with a Prima "500" stripe.

Not sure why my dealer has them and yours does not, but I have seen them up close and personal on non Primas.

And that aside, if one thinks about it, if a Prima got into an accident and the stripe was destroyed, we would be able to replace it.
Check the Fiats parts department. See if they can order the stripe.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
if it were my car and I wanted to remove them, I would but I would also buy a set to replace them.....while they're still available. this way if you ever DO sell the car, you have a set to put back on.

if you're removing them I would recommend doing it ASAP. the longer you have them on, the harder they'll be to remove and the more chance that your paint around them will be slighted faded. you really don't want a 'ghost' impression of your decals.

as for the PE's being special, yes they are but for now replacement stripes can be bought and they are not 'numbered' as is the dash plaque, so their removal is no big deal.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
not sure what your FIAT Studio told you, but they are available. not as an accessory like the other stripes, but as a 'replacement part'. they do not come in a set but as individual sections, such as Right Fender, Right Door, Right Quarter Panel, etc.

I'm sure they're not cheap, but they ARE available. if you want prices, I'll be glad to whip up a quote for you! :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
not sure what your FIAT Studio told you, but they are available. not as an accessory like the other stripes, but as a 'replacement part'. they do not come in a set but as individual sections, such as Right Fender, Right Door, Right Quarter Panel, etc.

I'm sure they're not cheap, but they ARE available. if you want prices, I'll be glad to whip up a quote for you! :)
Thanks. Good to know.

I'm waiting to see a car stripped the way I like and then I'll go to a graphics company and get it done. No way I'm going to pay Fiat prices for $2.00 worth of vinyl.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Saw this on Ebay
How is $50 for a set of "exclusive" Prima stripes? :eek:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fiat-SE5-50...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3a68f54091

KIT INCLUDES:
Right & Left Sides

6 Year Exterior Life Expectancy
These kits Are Made As I Sell Them,
Out of New Film No Old Stock Here.
Colors Available
Flat Black / Gloss Black / Silver Metalliac
On 3M Vinly
Other Colors Available upon request
Choose Color in paypal Notes

***NOTE***

1 - 20 of 25 Posts