Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was working (Staying UP) one minute and all of a sudden it will not Hold itself in the UP position..?
Doesn't seem like those two pistons or struts would give out at the exact same second...
ANYONE have a answer. I've looked all over for the answer to this one.

·
Registered
955 Posts
With one strut failure, which can happen suddenly, and where two are used, the remaining one won’t generaly hold a hood, window, or hatch in the open position.

I’ve had relatively new struts fail, as well. Disconnected, you should be able to tell which one has failed, though I don’t know if they are available singly from FIAT, or as aftermarket replacements.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With one strut failure, which can happen suddenly, and where two are used, the remaining one won’t generaly hold a hood, window, or hatch in the open position.

I’ve had relatively new struts fail, as well. Disconnected, you should be able to tell which one has failed, though I don’t know if they are available singly from FIAT, or as aftermarket replacements.
So youre thinking that it actually could be the struts? They're probably cheap enough to just replace them both...

·
Registered
938 Posts
Yes. Replace them both.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Hello @Dancingbear! We're sorry to hear about your vehicle concerns, sounds frustrating. Our team understands if you would like to troubleshoot with the rest of the forum community first, but should you elect to work with your dealer regarding this matter, let us know via private chat! We would love to offer our added assistance.

Hannah
Fiat Cares

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello @Dancingbear! We're sorry to hear about your vehicle concerns, sounds frustrating. Our team understands if you would like to troubleshoot with the rest of the forum community first, but should you elect to work with your dealer regarding this matter, let us know via private chat! We would love to offer our added assistance.

Hannah
Fiat Cares
Wow Hannah thank you!
Ive ordered the part, I'll be installing them myself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts