Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After spending a few days in a rental 500 we trekked from Gville to ATL and bought a 500 POP for our daughter. In the AT rental the headlights seemed to be aimed quite low and were not very good. On her new MT POP they are aimed even lower, almost to the point of useless. As we are at least 100 miles from the dealer, I'd like to adjust the aim locally. Anyone know how the headlight aim is adjusted?

Cheers
Ken, 2012 500 POP

·
Registered
160 Posts
each headlight has an adjuster next to it inside the hood. It is white plastic that has what looks to be a philips cross head, but in fact is better turned with a regular screwdriver. Just park the car in front of a wall or garage door and with the lights on turn the screw either way and you will see which way goes up and down. Adjust as needed.

Reactions: Kit Fox and 500spot

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
both of mine were too low. I fixed it with a bag of portland cement.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BTW, adjustment proved simple. The adjusters accept either phillips or hex. A 6mm hex work great. Clockwise lowers and counterclockwise raises the lights. I made 4 turns up on each light and they are now acceptable in performance and on-coming traffic doesn't seem bothered.

Cheers,

Ken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts