Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was reading another thread that mentioned the "Follow me" feature on the Fiat 500, but didn't give specific instructions. So if you want your headlights to stay on after you exit the car;

• Make sure the lights are off

• Put the key in the ignition

• Turn the ignition on without starting the car

• Turn the ignition off (I think you must leave the key in)

• Pull back on the headlight stalk (like flashing your high beams). You will see FOLLOW ME: XXXsec it goes up to 2 minutes as you pull the stalk back multiple times.

To reset to a shorter duration, just start the whole process over again.

Reactions: skybluemet

·
Registered
614 Posts
Was reading another thread that mentioned the "Follow me" feature on the Fiat 500, but didn't give specific instructions. So if you want your headlights to stay on after you exit the car;

• Make sure the lights are off

• Put the key in the ignition

• Turn the ignition on without starting the car

• Turn the ignition off (I think you must leave the key in)

• Pull back on the headlight stalk (like flashing your high beams). You will see FOLLOW ME: XXXsec it goes up to 2 minutes as you pull the stalk back multiple times.

To reset to a shorter duration, just start the whole process over again.
Thanks for the tip. :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
On page 110 of the owners manual:

Follow Me Home/Headlight Delay​
When this feature is selected the driver can choose tohave the headlights remain on for a preset period of time.​
Activation​
Remove the key or turn the ignition to the OFF/LOCKposition, and pull the multifunction lever toward thesteering wheel, within two minutes. Each time the leveris pulled, the activation of the lights will be extended by30 seconds. The activation of the lights can be extended toa maximum of 210 seconds.​
Deactivation​
Pull the multifunction lever toward the steering wheel​
and hold it for more than two seconds.

Page 19 for the 500L:

Headlight Delay (Follow Me Home)​

•​
Within two minutes of the ignition switch being turned to the OFF/LOCK position or theignition key being removed from the ignition, pull the turn signal lever toward the steeringwheel.

•​
Each movement of the lever toward the steering wheel will increase the illumination periodby 30 seconds, up to a maximum of 210 seconds.

•​
To deactivate, pull the multifunction lever toward the steering wheel and hold it for morethan two seconds.

NOTE:​

Activation of Follow Me Home is only enabled once per key cycle and steps must be repeated​
each time you want to activate it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts