Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was having a good look at the front end last night, and noticed the driver's side headlight had a much larger gap between the inside lens and the bumper, than the passenger side. The headlight actually sticks out almost 1/2" or so. I popped the hood and found that the headlight was so out of alignment, it broke a piece of plastic used to guide the thing into place.

Here is a pic of the intact passenger side vs the broken driver's side.

The broken piece of plastic was sitting loosely in the hole. I just grabbed it and it easily came out.
I'm a little disappointed honestly. I'm taking the car in next Wednesday to see what to do. Hopefully the headlight was just installed incorrectly and this can be easily corrected. Still, I won't rule out an entire headlight swap. I don't want any broken pieces on my new car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just purchased #30 on Wednesday. My mechanics were playing around under the hood and we found the exact same issue. The plastic tab on the driver headlamp broken. Since we are tearing my car apart we drove over to the dealer and they ordered a new one under warranty.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just purchased #30 on Wednesday. My mechanics were playing around under the hood and we found the exact same issue. The plastic tab on the driver headlamp broken. Since we are tearing my car apart we drove over to the dealer and they ordered a new one under warranty.

It's comforting to know I'm not the only one. That's good that your dealer is taking care of it.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I took the car in today and had a look at the two cars in the show rooms. There was a black sport and gray pop. Both had the same gap. The sport models had the exact some broken piece.

Not sure what to do at this point. If this is just the way they are, then I guess I can live with it.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They tried to adjust it, but just ended up ordering me a new headlight. Under warranty. No BS or anything, they took care of it.:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
They tried to adjust it, but just ended up ordering me a new headlight. Under warranty. No BS or anything, they took care of it.:)

haven't noticed this issue for almost a year and a half.. will check it today and reply to you guys

·
Registered
13 Posts
I picked up my new Sport yesterday: the headlights are fine.
Perhaps they're just figuring things out in Toluca?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts