Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 500 Pop. I drove to the store and when I came out the headlights were still on. When I got home I turned them on and off with the headlight control and they finally went off. The next day I used the lights going to work and when I got there I couldn't get them to go off again, had to finally pull the battery cable. Now I can't get them to go off at all, ended up pulling the fuses. Has any one else had this problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked that. Book said to pull back on light switch and hold for 2 seconds to shut "follow me home" feature off. Still the same.

·
Banned
4,743 Posts
Mine doesn't seem to work that way. As I remember, I have to cycle though with repeated pull backs to get back to zero seconds. I don't remember holding it for 2 seconds turning anything off.

Maybe I am wrong.

Could someone else help out here?

TEedoph

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
Taken from the manual (2013 model in case it matters).

Follow Me Home/Headlight Delay
When this feature is selected the driver can choose to
have the headlights remain on for a preset period of time.

Activation
Remove the key or turn the ignition to the OFF/LOCK
position, and pull the multifunction lever toward the
steering wheel, within two minutes. Each time the lever
is pulled, the activation of the lights will be extended by
30 seconds. The activation of the lights can be extended to
a maximum of 210 seconds.

Deactivation
Pull the multifunction lever toward the steering wheel
and hold it for more than two seconds.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 500 Pop. I drove to the store and when I came out the headlights were still on. When I got home I turned them on and off with the headlight control and they finally went off. The next day I used the lights going to work and when I got there I couldn't get them to go off again, had to finally pull the battery cable. Now I can't get them to go off at all, ended up pulling the fuses. Has any one else had this problem?
I have a 2012 and I’m having the exact problem for a week now. Did you ever find the reason for this issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2012 and I’m having the exact problem for a week now. Did you ever find the reason for this issue?
@Goggi - I am currently having this problem. I have to unplug my battery when I am not driving in order for the lights to not stay on. Did you find out what was causing the problem?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts