Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
465 Posts
That's the easy one.

1. Open the hood.
2. There is a dust cover on the back the light assembly. Do a quarter turn away from the center of the 500e to unhook.
3. Underneath the dust cover is the headlight bulb assembly. Again do a quarter turn away from the center of the 500e to detach. You may want to unplug the headlight first.
4. Reassembly is the reverse order (and direction) of the above steps.

When done properly, it's a 10 minute job on the outside.

Now, that passenger side is much more challenging as the coolant tanks are blocking the back of the headlight assembly, making it much more difficult to access. That's the one I need to do.

ga2500ev

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the easy one.

1. Open the hood.
2. There is a dust cover on the back the light assembly. Do a quarter turn away from the center of the 500e to unhook.
3. Underneath the dust cover is the headlight bulb assembly. Again do a quarter turn away from the center of the 500e to detach. You may want to unplug the headlight first.
4. Reassembly is the reverse order (and direction) of the above steps.

When done properly, it's a 10 minute job on the outside.

Now, that passenger side is much more challenging as the coolant tanks are blocking the back of the headlight assembly, making it much more difficult to access. That's the one I need to do.

ga2500ev
Thanks so much!!
Where would you recommend me to buy the light bulb? Any autopart shop?

· Registered
465 Posts
Thanks so much!!
Where would you recommend me to buy the light bulb? Any autopart shop?
You may want to take a look at this thread on LED lights for the 500e, which is currently on the front page of the forum before just settling for regular lights from the auto parts store:

ga2500ev

· Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
5,112 Posts
passenger side is much more challenging... That's the one I need to do.
I posted tips for the passenger side here:

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

So helpful!!! Thanks so much!!!

· Registered
465 Posts

I know. I just can't seem to wrap my head around it. The snapshot of the bolts retaining the coolant tanks just doesn't have enough context for me to figure out how to get them out of way. A failing on my part, I know. But I just don't see it.

ga2500ev

· Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
5,112 Posts
It's only the one inboard reservoir that's in the way. Unbolting the bracket just allows the tank to be flexed away enough to get at the headlight bulb.

So helpful!!! Thanks so much!!!
I actually meant that for @ga2500ev since he already did such a good job describing how to remove the drivers' side, which is all you need (unless you get LEDs).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts