Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got so much headroom in my 500 Sport, I decided to start wearing hat when I drive it. Plus it doubles the amount of looks you get...

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
wait, describe this hat.

·
Registered
825 Posts
That's one of the things I always look for in a car. I'm a hat guy and my car must have the room.

What style of hat are you wearing? Fedora, Trilby, Homburg, Bowler, Stetson?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Headroom is another thing my wife hates about my car. She hates having to recline to get more head room, and hates how she feels like the top of the window is at eye level.

Good thing she doesn't have to drive it. ;-) ****, she doesn't even need to ride in it, since she has her own car, or our van for family trips.

Headroom? No, not a lot in the 500, especially with anything but the tin-top model.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ha. No, no sunroof and I'm six four. Nothing too crazy, just a Gatsby cap I got in Paris last year. Actually, I could wear a bowler without a problem. You wouldn't be able to sit behind me but I didn't buy the Fiat for the backseat.

·
Registered
825 Posts
That's one of the things I like most about the 500 - I think it has quite a lot of headroom, more headroom than just about any other car I've owned. I'm 5'10", so I'm average, but I could realisticly where a top hat in it.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Too bad I couldn't get that much headroom AND a sunroof. Ah well. I loves me my sunroof, and have no problem reclining a little more.

Oh, and I'm about 5-10 as well. Not a tall man by any means.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm 6'2", and when I was shopping for my fiat my main worry was head and leg room. I had read the the moonroof would take away a couple inches, and was bummed out cos I love moonroofs. Turns out, since I sit so extremely reclined in the car, head room is not a problem at all, so i bought one with the moonroof. Also, I don't ever have rear passangers so I can put my seat all the way back and it offers plenty of leg room. My dad rode in my micro machine when I first got it, he was shocked at the room inside. He's 6'5"! I love my Fiat :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Oh no. Anytime I pull up behind a guy driving a car wearing a hat, I know I am going to be late to wherever I am going (ballcaps and cowboy hats in pickup trucks excepted). Same as pulling up behind a car where you cannot see the drivers head over the seat.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Too funny. If I happen to see a Giallo sport behind me I'll try to slow down long enough to tip my cap before I proceed onward...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts